Regarding Bovive

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Regarding Bovive

Post by Arev » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:24 pm

It appears Bovive may be returning to SWG soon. I'm not sure if he plans to reapply to RID. But, I would like to open the floor for discussion on whether or not the Council would support his reapplication or not. Bovive is a controversial figure, but despite this, he contributed much to the PA.

Given our past history, some of you may be surprised to learn that I support him reapplying, under the condition that he offer a sincere, public apology to me. Failing to do this, then I cannot in good conscience, support his reapplication.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Well, he does appear to be returning, but I think it's too early to tell if he'd like to rejoin RID. I'd be surprised if he wanted to. Granted, he has suddenly been more communicative to me. He was talking a lot to me earlier, and has posted on these forums in a friendly fashion.

If he does choose to rejoin RID, I would have to ask him outright if he's perfectly fine with you being in the guild as a Councilman. If he is, I see no reason to turn him down. If he isn't comfortable, well then there isn't much we can do for him. He of course would not be able to expect a Council position right off the bat if that's his intention as well.

I'm not sure if he'd apologize, but if he does choose to rejoin RID with the full knowledge that you'll be a Councilman, then I guess that shows he can coexist.

But yeah, I doubt he'll be interested in joining RID, but who knows.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:17 am

LexxYovel wrote:Well, he does appear to be returning, but I think it's too early to tell if he'd like to rejoin RID. I'd be surprised if he wanted to. Granted, he has suddenly been more communicative to me. He was talking a lot to me earlier, and has posted on these forums in a friendly fashion.

If he does choose to rejoin RID, I would have to ask him outright if he's perfectly fine with you being in the guild as a Councilman. If he is, I see no reason to turn him down. If he isn't comfortable, well then there isn't much we can do for him. He of course would not be able to expect a Council position right off the bat if that's his intention as well.

I'm not sure if he'd apologize, but if he does choose to rejoin RID with the full knowledge that you'll be a Councilman, then I guess that shows he can coexist.

But yeah, I doubt he'll be interested in joining RID, but who knows.

i remember when i joined RID and when i first went on heroics with Bovive.
He is very strict when on heroics and he is a his way or no way way of thinking. This is all well and good if you know what you are doing.

I can imagine that if arev fell out with bovive in the past (i really dont know what happened) it must have been some disagreement both are very opinionated people (sorry arev i dont mean that in a nasty way more a strong character personality sort of way)

How do i feel about Bovive ? Well i will be honest after I had a disagreement with bovive in a heroic about me doing something wrong (not stasising him i think when he was low on health) Bovive went over the top in groupchat in front of everybody in the group i fell out with him for a small time. I had a word with Lexx and he spoke to Bovive i also spoke to Bovive myself and we came to a understanding after a while even to the point of us being friends.Lexx helped a lot with mediation between myself and Bovive and i thank goodness he was there to offer help.

My own disagreement with Bovive started when Bovive told me in front of the group what i should have done and kept going on about it for the whole series of heroics (when i had only been a medic at that time for only one day in game).

Well because of what Bovive said i went away and decided to learn off the best medics i could find in game (bacara', fruit' and a few other medics i could find that i knew were good ones). I bought or managed to loot the equipment they recommended that i get and i tried the templates they recommended i also pvp'd when i could with them to try to get a understanding of what i was uspposed to do in game. I also went on heroics with them a lot too.

Because of that i now have lots of new friends that i do a lot of heroics with outside of the guild i also feel that i am a better medic because i went away and took one persons comments personally and decided to make myself understand the profession so i knew everything i wanted to know about it. I now have all the 5th jewellery with auren and mooke because i wanted to prove i could be as good as the rest of the people in game.

When Bovive left the guild i was at a point in game where i didn't mind whether bovive was in the guild or not. I had made my new friends and i had even made amends with Bovive, even to the point of going out of my way to meet him in game to chat quite a lot. We had both tried to put things behind us and see each other in a different light in game. I now get invited on heroics everyday by the same people Bovive was friends with so i know im not that bad a medic :P I even get compliments in game sometimes :D

I hope if Bovive does come back we will all get on with each other in game
whether we are in the same guild or not.

Lol look at all that text
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Regarding Bovive

Post by Daiho » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:54 am

Arev wrote:It appears Bovive may be returning to SWG soon.

He didn't left.

Arev wrote:Bovive is a controversial figure, but despite this, he contributed much to the PA.

How is he so a controversial figure?

Arev wrote:Given our past history, some of you may be surprised to learn that I support him reapplying, under the condition that he offer a sincere, public apology to me.

Hey man it's a game. Public apology rofl!!! No one knows what really hapened. The guild are filled of new recruits and you want to humiliate him?

He won't comeback in RID for sure!

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:38 pm

I've done some research, enough to know that Bovive was at the center of a lot of guild drama on more than one occasion.

I don't have a problem with him coming back, but I think he should be banned from ever holding a seat on the council again. People who cause drama and then /guildr self twice have proved that they aren't dependable. As long as he understands that and doesn't cause any more problems, I say we let him back in.

The guild has had enough inter-personal drama for a long time.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:22 pm

Well I wouldn't say Bovive really created drama. I mean he did do very much for the guild when he served on the Council alongside Daiho, Arramen, and Owebb.

Though with that said, as I talked with you in-game, if he does rejoin the guild (and at the moment that's a big if), he wouldn't receive a Council position. There's a few reasons for this:

1.) We already have a full Council
2.) Not many new recruits know Bovive, so they'd need to take the time to get to know him

As you said though, I'm all for allowing him back in. I don't think an apology is neccesary, but if he's willing to put the past aside, then that should be enough.

But this is purely speculative, he has indicated no interest in rejoining RID, or any other guild for that matter. At least for now.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:35 am

LexxYovel wrote:Well I wouldn't say Bovive really created drama. I mean he did do very much for the guild when he served on the Council alongside Daiho, Arramen, and Owebb.

Though with that said, as I talked with you in-game, if he does rejoin the guild (and at the moment that's a big if), he wouldn't receive a Council position. There's a few reasons for this:

1.) We already have a full Council
2.) Not many new recruits know Bovive, so they'd need to take the time to get to know him

As you said though, I'm all for allowing him back in. I don't think an apology is neccesary, but if he's willing to put the past aside, then that should be enough.

But this is purely speculative, he has indicated no interest in rejoining RID, or any other guild for that matter. At least for now.

I have thought about this and i think bovive should kiss both of my feet
(including all toes individually)

lol sorry arev i cant be serious if i try

lexx be a dear and please light my cigarette if you can find it on the end of my posh cigarette holder

Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:05 pm

Pft, cigarettes?? We smoke cigars and pipes here... but if you must *lights your cigarette*