Giving you guys activiation status

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Giving you guys activiation status

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:51 am

I'm working on a way to get you guys (at least Bovive and Arev), username activation status. I'm not sure how to do it, nor am I certain how possible it is, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm looking into it.

There are a few things to be aware of though. If I give you guys activation abilities, you'll likely get the activation request mails. This means you'll literally get well over 50 activation mails a day. It's become a habit of mine to clear my inbox at 12:00 each afternoon, and again before I go to sleep. I then go to the administrator panel, and mass-delete usernames I believe to be spam-bots (I found a mod which allows me to mass-delete them at once, rather than one by one. That saved me a A LOT of time lol).

Assuming a registered username isn't a spam-bot, there are two things to do:

1.) Activate it
2.) Immediately add the username to the Non-RID Members Usergroup (else they won't be able to post).

Once they join RID, I remove them from the Non-RID Members Usergroup, and add them to the RID Members Usergroup.

Bovive
Colonel

Re: Giving you guys activiation status

Post by Bovive » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:00 am

LexxYovel wrote:I'm working on a way to get you guys (at least Bovive and Arev), username activation status. I'm not sure how to do it, nor am I certain how possible it is, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm looking into it.

There are a few things to be aware of though. If I give you guys activation abilities, you'll likely get the activation request mails. This means you'll literally get well over 50 activation mails a day. It's become a habit of mine to clear my inbox at 12:00 each afternoon, and again before I go to sleep. I then go to the administrator panel, and mass-delete usernames I believe to be spam-bots (I found a mod which allows me to mass-delete them at once, rather than one by one. That saved me a A LOT of time lol).

Assuming a registered username isn't a spam-bot, there are two things to do:

1.) Activate it
2.) Immediately add the username to the Non-RID Members Usergroup (else they won't be able to post).

Once they join RID, I remove them from the Non-RID Members Usergroup, and add them to the RID Members Usergroup.

Interesting. I just assumed Apium and Mikal had the ability to register people.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:07 pm

Nah, basically they can edit and remove posts.

Though, maybe they have other powers they aren't telling me about lol.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:06 am

LexxYovel wrote:Nah, basically they can edit and remove posts.

Though, maybe they have other powers they aren't telling me about lol.

Hmm....interesting. *puff* *puff*

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:39 am

Indeed, *puff* *puff*

*Mulls over this*

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:06 am

Bovive wrote:Interesting. I just assumed Apium and Mikal had the ability to register people.

Hey, when did I get replaced by Mikal??????? :-P

Actually, all Apium and I have are Mod powers. We can move, edit, lock, and delete posts/threads. That's it. I wish I had the power to mess with usernames. I would have fixed my locked user account a long time ago... But hey, it only took Lexx like 8 months to figure out how to correct the issue... lol

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:
Bovive wrote:Interesting. I just assumed Apium and Mikal had the ability to register people.

Hey, when did I get replaced by Mikal??????? :-P

maybe this is lexx's way of giving you the boot. He is kind of sneaky like that.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:30 am

uhhh...