Forum Usage

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Forum Usage

Post by Arev » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:12 pm

I was talking with Ysiermo (sp?) and E-Ako yesterday evening at the Talus Imperial Outpost, and I made mention of the HK-47 run tomorrow evening. Ysiermo mentioned that he saw it, and E-ako confessed that it had been a week since he read the forums.

This tells me two things:
1. People are using the forums, at the very least, are reading them.
2. Members are registered, but simply aren't posting.

So, it good that the forums are being used. It's not good that people aren't posting. We need to come up with incentives to post here. As radical as it sounds, I suggest we remove the GAT Thread in the GAT forum. No one likes jumping into a middle of a conversation. So, I suggest, we remove it, and encourage our members to create brand new threads for new topics. Also, we need to ensure the leadership regularly posts in multiple forums and numerous threads, even making comments such as, "Great idea!" "I'll gladly help!" "I want Lexx's babies!" All those will help get folks excited about using our forums again.

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:09 pm

I want Lexx's babies!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:11 pm

There's nothing at all stopping members from making new threads. Trust me, I think the issue with getting people to use the forums goes well beyond whether or not the GAT thread gets used. And if you even think that posting in the GAT thread is like jumping into the middle of a conversation, you need to flip through the pages. There's so many different conversations, it's always pleasant when someone strikes up a new conversation to keep the GAT going.

Getting people to use the forums requires those active in the game to post meaningful threads. You and others have started that and it's slowly working. Keep encouraging them to use the forums while you are in-game and they will slowly start using the forums.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

I vote to keep the GAT thread there, even if for historical purposes.
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:37 pm

yeah, starting different topic threads is a good thing. :)
Apathy is Death.