Potential Recruit: 'Andrew'

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Potential Recruit: 'Andrew'

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:01 pm

What do you guys think of 'Andrew' as being a member of RID? It sort of worries me that he was in RID before, but left to found his own guild ESS. That guild turned out to be a failure, and he hopes to rejoin. Conosk and 'Aresius' know him because they were members of ESS, but Conosk says 'Andrew' can be greedy, tends to cuss a lot, but isn't much of a problem besides that.

Also, it seems 'Andrew' has been in like 50 guilds, but he says RID was his best huild and that he wants to join. Below is his application:

BASIC INFORMATION:
> > >
> > > Full Name: 'Andrew' Johnson
> > > Gender: Male
> > > Species: Human
> > > Faction and Rank (If able): Imperial Sergeant Major
> > > Combat Level: 90
> > > Profession: commando
> > > Pilot Type (and Squadron): none
> > > Politician Status (Type yes/no if a Politician or not): yes
> > >
> > > CHARACTER INFORMATION:
> > >
> > > Do you have alternate characters? If so, mention their name(s), faction(s), level(s), profession(s) and additional information. List if they are or are not in a guild(s). If any are NOT in a guild, state if that particular character(s) would be interested in joining RID: I have an alt on here lvl 87 BH but i want him guildless and factionless
> > >
> > > Do you have any real-life friends or family within RID? If so, what are their names? Do you know anyone personally, elsewhere throughout the game?: Yes I do have people I know in RID
> > >
> > > Have you ever been in a guild(s) before on THIS server on ANY character? If so, mention the name of the guild(s), their faction(s) and additional information: I have been in TGC SoR SPEC IMPHL TSC U-S-A SR and RID before I also ran my own guild ESS but it got boring due to inactive members
> > >
> > > Have you ever been in RID before on ANY character? If so, how many times? And why were you removed/leave?: yes on this guy
> > >
> > > Have you ever been a Rebel before on any chracter you played on Starsider?:
> > > yes i have been reb
> > > What is your current citizenship status? Would you be interested in citizenship in a city associated with the Regal Imperial Fort Network? If so, mention a preferred city (If able):no
> > >
> > > What time zone are you in? If you don't know, mention the country or state you reside in. Also, what are your playing hours? What days of the week, and at what times usually?: Im PST
> > >
> > > What are your interests (IE: PvP, PvE, RP, space, etc, etc)? Feel free to list more than one: just Crazy PvP and heroics
> > >
> > > What is your real-life age? If not willing to answer this question, you may leave it blank, or feel free to give an approximation (IE: Younger or older than 18 years of age): 16

RettVescan
Staff Sergeant

Post by RettVescan » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:40 pm

Might be thinkin' of someone else but I think I remember him being a problem. i.e. bad attitude and greedy. I thought I also remember ESS being a rebel guild, but I could be wrong about that. So I'm not too sure about him being let back in.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:10 pm

To be fair, I once left RID to start my own guild (which was a friendly guild to RID) and then left the game not long after before rejoining SWG and RID within the past two months. That being said, he does seem like he's been around the block a few times in terms of guilds. I've also never had a lot of experience with him. Given the recent events in RID, I'm definitely not a fan of adding someone who might cause some drama down the road. Like I said, I never had much experience with him.
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:24 pm

True, to be honest I think it's more honorable to leave the guild to found your own guild rather than just join another. But yeah, what worries me more is the potential greediness and how he's been in many other guilds.

I may set a poll though. Never would hurt just to talk to him in the future.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:59 pm

He really looks like trouble to me, and with the recent drama I would prefer to avoid any disasters he could potentially cause.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Barney

Post by Barney » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:29 am

I am concerned about two things:

TGC came from another server and have been on Starsider for less than a few months. So that short-term membership shows he can't stick in a guild for a very long time at all, and also that he's possibly having to resort to newer smaller guilds where any reputation he has won't preceed him.

Two, a good portion of the guilds he's been in are "trouble-maker" guilds. Guilds known for a very low level of maturity, trash talking and really rude behavior to other players. IMPHL, USA, TGC, SPEC all those 4 guilds are like red flags to the more adult and mature players in the server.

Positive notes are his interest in PvP, I know we'd all like to have more pvp players. Also his time zone is nice because we've picked up a lot of late-night PST people in RID lately (myself included) and we're having a hard time filling an entire group to do instances and heroics on our own still during our prime play-time (which is normally after the majority of RID is in bed).

So I see good and bad, but in general, his age and his application both make my Spidey Sense tingle. I think we have enough problems in RID with the maturity schism between the older and younger players, I really hesitate to add a new younger and known trouble-causer in the mix right now when our mature guild members are finally settling down with a sigh feeling that we've weeded out the worst of it recently.

Barney

Post by Barney » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:30 pm

I posted a screenshot last night of 'Andrew' spamming Mos Eisley last night. Did it get deleted as inappropriate or did I just like, hit wrong buttons or something?

Asking before I re-do the post if it was deleted for a reason, don't want to post it again.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:45 pm

I didn't delete it, so unless it was Lexx or Apum, I'm guessing wrong button.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:26 pm

I deleted nothing. May have been a mistake.

Barney

Post by Barney » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:54 am

ah well here it is again then, my take on 'Andrew' I'm not impressed.

Amaroo
Staff Corporal

Post by Amaroo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:35 pm

I have no opinion either way on his re-recruitment. Although, I would like to state, that I am in no way a big fan of "Spam" selling, especially if the person(s) wear a R.I.D. tag. There are plenty of other avenues to peddle your wears.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:26 pm

I may whip out my barker droid from time to time to advertise my vendors, but I'm heavily against AFK spam-selling. If you're trying to make a quick buck, hit up the SS trade forums. Otherwise, make your product worth buying. I don't have trouble making any credits and neither do most other people.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:19 pm

Looks like Andrew was teaming up with IMPHL to complete Exar Kun...

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=637731

Maybe he is better of with them?

Amaroo
Staff Corporal

Post by Amaroo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:42 pm

Kurke Aumea wrote:Looks like Andrew was teaming up with IMPHL to complete Exar Kun...

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=637731

Maybe he is better of with them?

He isn't wearing a R.I.D. tag, or any other for that matter. I see no problem in him grouping up with someone else to run an instance. Whether most of us dislike his taste of friends or not.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:45 pm

Hey, just pointing stuff out. I mean, he's not doing anything to improve the "guild floater" image he has at the moment.