Attention Cat Man

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Apium
Colonel
Attention Cat Man

Post by Apium » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:51 pm

Kitty introductions are fine, but we don't need random cat jokes at least not all at the same time.

Pretty much no one uses this forum except people who no longer play or are no longer in RID. That being said we can't confirm that you are not insane, so most of us will assume you are.

Thank you.

PS: Choose your cat jokes wisely.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

d'avid

Post by d'avid » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:40 pm

oh ok they went down rather well with my old guild and to be honest i got the impression that this guild was just as friendly i guess im mistaken i shall reframe from posting on the forum again i guess its a good thing that the forum users dont play cos believe me having read the last thread and this i wouldnt want to talk to you guys in the game and im a pretty tolerent guy

good bye enjoy the forum

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:11 pm

Yeh, god forbid somebody starts a few threads to spice things up. It really sucks that you guys jumped on Dave. He actually plays the game and is a good guy. You may still all be "RID", but until you start showing your face in game this is just a place to post your guitar hero/console nonsense. Thanks for driving off a person who was just trying to have fun.

By the way, this has had a ripple effect on other new players who were reluctant to post. Thanks :-(

I'm a little too pissed at you guys to type what I'm thinking, it would come off as condescending and mean. Again, thank you for helping to make this forum actually useful to the people who still play and are active RID.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:42 pm

Hey David mate, you don't know us ingame. If you want to call us unfriendly forum users then go ahead, you have the basis for that, but you have never seen us in game. You don't know what we did for this guild. Kurke helped build this guild from the very beginning four years ago and Tele was the figurehead of RID's pvp for close to a year. I won't say what I did, but anyone who has played with me knows of my loyalty and dedication to the guild. Ask Erougn if you are slow to believe me.

Try to understand where we are coming from before you take offense. Imagine logging onto a forum that is frequented by only four people and suddenly see 15 threads about cats. Try an introduction post next time (I know there was one post that kind of identified you as a member of the guild but still).

I apologize if this post seems mean or condescending, that is not my intention at all. I too am offended. There is a reason that we continue to post on these forums after leaving the game; we love RID.

Kalice- Master Architect

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:51 pm

David why not try putting all your cat jokes and things into one post that way, everyones happy, u get ur jks and stuff the old farts (no offense meant u guys no what im like) wont get pissy at loads of un-needed posts, happy all round.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:06 pm

Apium wrote:Hey David mate, you don't know us ingame. If you want to call us unfriendly forum users then go ahead, you have the basis for that, but you have never seen us in game. You don't know what we did for this guild. Kurke helped build this guild from the very beginning four years ago and Tele was the figurehead of RID's pvp for close to a year. I won't say what I did, but anyone who has played with me knows of my loyalty and dedication to the guild. Ask Erougn if you are slow to believe me.

Try to understand where we are coming from before you take offense. Imagine logging onto a forum that is frequented by only four people and suddenly see 15 threads about cats. Try an introduction post next time (I know there was one post that kind of identified you as a member of the guild but still).

I apologize if this post seems mean or condescending, that is not my intention at all. I too am offended. There is a reason that we continue to post on these forums after leaving the game; we love RID.

Ahem... haha

but yeah Kurke was seriously Lexx's righthand man for a long time, he may have even been Mayor of Fort Oasis for a bit. He used to be the only guy in town that could properly place a house.

I never actually played with Apium ingame but from all that I've seen on the boards he seems to have done a lot for the guild.

But yeah guys we are the lesser priority as we are no longer in game. Whatever as long as theres boards don't get sensitive and stuff I'm all good.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:12 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:
Apium wrote:Hey David mate, you don't know us ingame. If you want to call us unfriendly forum users then go ahead, you have the basis for that, but you have never seen us in game. You don't know what we did for this guild. Kurke helped build this guild from the very beginning four years ago and Tele was the figurehead of RID's pvp for close to a year. I won't say what I did, but anyone who has played with me knows of my loyalty and dedication to the guild. Ask Erougn if you are slow to believe me.

Ahem... haha

but yeah Kurke was seriously Lexx's righthand man for a long time, he may have even been Mayor of Fort Oasis for a bit. He used to be the only guy in town that could properly place a house.

I never actually played with Apium ingame but from all that I've seen on the boards he seems to have done a lot for the guild.

But yeah guys we are the lesser priority as we are no longer in game. Whatever as long as theres boards don't get sensitive and stuff I'm all good.

sorry waucod, but the only ingame story I've heard about you wasn't particularly good :P

Kalice- Master Architect

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:15 pm

yeah... well Fingolfin started it!!!

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:45 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:yeah... well Fingolfin started it!!!

dont try and pass the blame on noob,

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:18 pm

I can't even remember what happened; I just know waucod was kicked out of RID for a little while. There was a rebellion type thing once, I remember reading it in the history; we coudl just blame that on waucod.

Kalice- Master Architect

d'avid

Post by d'avid » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:39 pm

Jaysont wrote:David why not try putting all your cat jokes and things into one post that way, everyones happy, u get ur jks and stuff the old farts (no offense meant u guys no what im like) wont get pissy at loads of un-needed posts, happy all round.

i didnt want to admit this but that was the plan in my tirdness i clicked newtopic instead of reply when i realised my error i decided to drop the subject titles and go with one mixed thread i really never believed it to be a problem (they were individualy posted on my old forum and each one debated extra jokes added pictures etc) i just plum assumed that everyone was as friendly and like minded as my old guild in legend of mir 3, i got it wrong but ho hum life happens

oh and the chap posting about what you guys have done for RID, i dont dispute it and yes i may of taken offense too quick a lot of real life issues sometimes get me steamed and then a little thing may push me over (but anyone will tell you when im steamed it is not for long)

i can only say that i am a loyal person and any guild im on will see that im not gonna blow my own trumpet (modesty being my own flaw) but some members may already have noticed what im willing to do to help the guild
in short i guess i should not judge you guys on the basses of one corodinated flame attack against good jokes :) hell none of you have attacked me for poor spelling and grammer for that im grateful (and dyslexic so u cant :p)

***3rd edit ****

and for a security guard i sure am unobservent love the new signature one of you has added to me

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:34 pm

d'avid wrote:
Jaysont wrote:David why not try putting all your cat jokes and things into one post that way, everyones happy, u get ur jks and stuff the old farts (no offense meant u guys no what im like) wont get pissy at loads of un-needed posts, happy all round.

i didnt want to admit this but that was the plan in my tirdness i clicked newtopic instead of reply when i realised my error i decided to drop the subject titles and go with one mixed thread i really never believed it to be a problem (they were individualy posted on my old forum and each one debated extra jokes added pictures etc) i just plum assumed that everyone was as friendly and like minded as my old guild in legend of mir 3, i got it wrong but ho hum life happens

oh and the chap posting about what you guys have done for RID, i dont dispute it and yes i may of taken offense too quick a lot of real life issues sometimes get me steamed and then a little thing may push me over (but anyone will tell you when im steamed it is not for long)

i can only say that i am a loyal person and any guild im on will see that im not gonna blow my own trumpet (modesty being my own flaw) but some members may already have noticed what im willing to do to help the guild
in short i guess i should not judge you guys on the basses of one corodinated flame attack against good jokes :) hell none of you have attacked me for poor spelling and grammer for that im grateful (and dyslexic so u cant :p)

***3rd edit ****

and for a security guard i sure am unobservent love the new signature one of you has added to me

Regardless, welcome to the forums. We're a friendly bunch once ya get to know us.

Btw, I never had the distinct honor of being Mayor of Fort Oasis... That being said, it would be kind of fun to steal Lexx's job for a week. lol

Thankfully, Lexx still let's me hang around here because these forums tend to be an addiction I can't quit. Go figure, I quit a MMO (of all things) only to be enslaved be the forums operated by the guild I used to be in while playing the MMO. WTF IS WRONG WITH ME???

Then again, my fiance asks that question about six times a day... Straight to my face... :?

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:03 pm

yeah well tell her that we are your real love! And that you don't care for her.

See what she says. It'll be fun unless she dumps you.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:11 am

Waucod Meesman wrote:yeah well tell her that we are your real love! And that you don't care for her.

See what she says. It'll be fun unless she dumps you.

I'm fairly sure that would result in a kick to the nuts or a frying pan to the face... or both... and I much prefer her when she's not trying to physically harm me.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:46 am

when is this wedding mate? I feel like I have been hearing about this engagement for a year at least.

Kalice- Master Architect