The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Wed May 24, 2006 7:25 am

*takes deep breath* nevermind

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Wed May 24, 2006 2:20 pm

Ri'Me wrote:All of this you dont have to know already going in to college, right? I mean..

What are you planning to do in college?

It will never be required. It wouldn't hurt to know a little though. You can always take programming classes freshman year. Also as major-related electives. Depending what your major is. Actually let kurke answer this hes the one in college. I'm only 16.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed May 24, 2006 4:27 pm

Don't worry Ri'me, you aren't required to know any of that going into college. Hell, you don't have to know anything at all about computers going into college. Our department has some entry level classes for people who don't know anything about computers. Now, If you were to take these entry level classes, you'd likely have to spend some extra time in college.

On the plus side, if you are a Freshman or Sophomore in high school (or you're still in middle school), look into a tech prep program if youa re interested in pursuing something in the CIS, IT, or Computer Science field. I took a tech prep class my junior and senior year in high school and it really helped me out by the time I went to college. The bummer for me was that none of my tech prep classes counted towards college credits. So, if you do want to go into a tech prep program, aim for one that allows you to earn college credits while in high school. You'll have a hefty head start going into college.

So Apium, ready for more code???

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Wed May 24, 2006 4:31 pm

Can we have an interesting conversation????!!!!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!>?!?!!??!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed May 24, 2006 4:39 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:Can we have an interesting conversation????!!!!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!>?!?!!??!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!?

This is interesting.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Wed May 24, 2006 6:44 pm

I'm ready give me something hard. I'd like to see how you condensed that gas pump program too.

Kalice- Master Architect

bizob

Post by bizob » Wed May 24, 2006 7:13 pm

I should dig out the program I did for my VB class for ya. It was a fully functional order entry system for a pizza shop. I included order entry, a customer data base, inventory management system, pricing, a small system to print out various reports and started to convert it to a web-based application but ran out of time before that could be completed. It was a real fun project. It ran all semester and we were required to add new stuff as we learned it in class. For example, the customer database started out as a simple text list then was converted to a real database later on. it helped that I was managing a pizza place at the time. I used to have some simple java applets up on m junk site but they're gone now.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Wed May 24, 2006 8:21 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:Can we have an interesting conversation????!!!!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!>?!?!!??!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!?

I think we should form our OWN gat thread! one without all this programming mumblejumble.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed May 24, 2006 9:38 pm

lol What's wrong with programming?

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Wed May 24, 2006 10:37 pm

I have nothign relevent to say about or read about.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Wed May 24, 2006 10:43 pm

yeah ok well did anyone watch the LOST season finale it was pure awesomeness and like everyone is going to die.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Thu May 25, 2006 6:01 am

Don'twatch much tv :o

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu May 25, 2006 6:05 am

Waucod Meesman wrote:yeah ok well did anyone watch the LOST season finale it was pure awesomeness and like everyone is going to die.

i saw it. That was way too much information crammed into 2 hours.

Kalice- Master Architect

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Thu May 25, 2006 6:28 am

I'm going to Niagara College in January to do a computer engineering course then programming next september which is why I was wondering how hard programming was. I dropped out of high school in 2000, went back to school since and got my grade 12, now I'm doing a math course I need to get into the programming and engineering courses in college. I gotta look into the courses I'm taking more but I think I should be alright.

I haven't seen LOST, but not everyone is going to die because they need to make more episodes

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu May 25, 2006 7:28 am

Ri'me why do you encourage them?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!:!"!#@#%%&^ *&(&$()_+PP{{P?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!@@#?@$?#%?$^?%&**(()(?)?:?":{}_)_+&%!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?