The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:08 pm

yeah but my parents look at that so that works out better, and so do all of my scholarship things

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:13 pm

I'd be pissed if they didn't look at weighted. AP classes are a lot of work, it would not be right if our A was equal to the A of a regular class.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:56 pm

Apium wrote:I'd be pissed if they didn't look at weighted. AP classes are a lot of work, it would not be right if our A was equal to the A of a regular class.

The breakdown for college admissions:
1) How well you did
2) Level of classes
3) Extracurricular
4) Essay
5) Resume
6) Recommendations
In order of most to least important. I know a college admissions councilor who printed the declaration of independence on neon pink paper for someone's recommendation and they still got in since they had good grades. And getting straight As in normal classes does more for you than struggling grades in AP classes.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:57 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:yeah but my parents look at that so that works out better, and so do all of my scholarship things

And Waucod, you're either still in middle school or you're in your freshman year of high school, I'm pretty sure you aren't getting college mail about scholarships yet.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:50 pm

telemchus wrote:
Apium wrote:I'd be pissed if they didn't look at weighted. AP classes are a lot of work, it would not be right if our A was equal to the A of a regular class.

The breakdown for college admissions:
1) How well you did
2) Level of classes
3) Extracurricular
4) Essay
5) Resume
6) Recommendations
In order of most to least important. I know a college admissions councilor who printed the declaration of independence on neon pink paper for someone's recommendation and they still got in since they had good grades. And getting straight As in normal classes does more for you than struggling grades in AP classes.

Ain't that the truth!!! I was 17th in line at graduation, but should have been about 7th or 8th with a nice gold chord around my neck... My girlfriend at the time was ranked higher than me only because she was in normal classes and scored A's in them all. I took harder classes and while I did well (A's and B's), it wasn't straight A's. Yep, she walked out 15th or so I believe... I was a little pissed...

That's OK though. She went to a four month school to be a professional scuba diver and I went to a highly overpriced private university. She may have prettier scenery, but I'll be making more money than she ever will.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:07 pm

while we are on topic..anyone pick up Trumps Think Big and Kick Ass book?

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:30 pm

telemchus wrote:
Waucod Meesman wrote:yeah but my parents look at that so that works out better, and so do all of my scholarship things

And Waucod, you're either still in middle school or you're in your freshman year of high school, I'm pretty sure you aren't getting college mail about scholarships yet.

Its not from colleges its stuff because my family is so big so we qualify for the one that I only have to maintain a 2.5 GPA, and it pays for 2 years of University and 2 years of a Communtiy College. Then I'm gonna try and get bright futures through IB so the stuff isn't from colleges.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:40 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:
telemchus wrote:

Its not from colleges its stuff because my family is so big so we qualify for the one that I only have to maintain a 2.5 GPA, and it pays for 2 years of University and 2 years of a Communtiy College. Then I'm gonna try and get bright futures through IB so the stuff isn't from colleges.

Bright Futures sounds like one of those agencies that adopts kids from third-world countries.

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:56 am

telemchus wrote:Bright Futures sounds like one of those agencies that adopts kids from third-world countries.

think south park, starvin marvin the ethoipian kid.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:56 am

So Kurke what are your thoughts on this college football season?

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:46 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:So Kurke what are your thoughts on this college football season?

F*cked up!

I can't complain too much though, OSU is No. 1!!!

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:51 pm

yeah but Michigan State did give a little bit of scare... yeah my LSU tigers lost last week but I saw that coming after their loss the South Carolina

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:03 pm

So now what?

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:22 pm

ermmm...talk about ur week?...well i got economics class and we are playing a virtuall stock market game (prices based on real stockmarket.) and i got complete retard in group and whichever group wins get s prize..ie 3 points added to semester grade

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:31 pm

Nice, I'm kinda pissed cause Marching Band season is over and Concert band sucks so it makes me mad... whatever