The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:50 pm

haha Ohio Sucks!!!

inep

Post by inep » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:48 am

Yep. UNC is where its at.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:08 pm

whatever... I'm not caring about colleges yet

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:33 pm

Inep is right, UNC wins over Ohio anything. My first pick is Wake Forest though.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:07 am

Apium wrote:Inep is right, UNC wins over Ohio anything. My first pick is Wake Forest though.

We talking football or basketball. If basketball, I really could care less. Football on the other hand...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:50 am

Kurke_Aumea wrote:
Apium wrote:Inep is right, UNC wins over Ohio anything. My first pick is Wake Forest though.

We talking football or basketball. If basketball, I really could care less. Football on the other hand...

I don't pay attention to sports, I was just talking about the school overall.

Kalice- Master Architect

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:05 am

Kurke_Aumea wrote:

Also, Ohio State has the second most overrated football team in the US. They are also apart of the second most overrated conference...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:24 am

I don't watch football, but if I did I would think highly of Ohio state and the Big Ten.

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:16 pm

Please, the SEC and the ACC can suck the Big Ten's dick. The Big Ten can be a powerhouse conference. OSU got screwed over in the championship game by having too many weeks off and being overconfident.

OSU and Michigan are the top teams in the conference. Penn State and Michigan State can be up there too with a little bit of effort. Purdue fell off the map, but there's a few other who have some strength from time to time. Wisconsin manages to surprise from time to time...

inep

Post by inep » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:49 pm

Yeh, ever since we let Mac Brown go, UNC has been hurting in football. Hopefully we will be returning to the powerhouse status we used to have now that we have Butch Davis coaching now. Football was our one sport where we not top of the line though (we are hardly just a basketball school)

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:36 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Please, the SEC and the ACC can suck the Big Ten's dick. The Big Ten can be a powerhouse conference. OSU got screwed over in the championship game by having too many weeks off and being overconfident.

OSU and Michigan are the top teams in the conference. Penn State and Michigan State can be up there too with a little bit of effort. Purdue fell off the map, but there's a few other who have some strength from time to time. Wisconsin manages to surprise from time to time...

Now exactly how can you meter how good the Big 10 is? Their 3 out of conference games?!?!?! The only team that Ohio State plays that you know is good is Texas, and they turned out to be only ok.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:54 pm

Yes, cause all of the other onferences have so many out of conference games... :roll: What's the point of a conference if all you do is play out of conference games? See Notre Dame. Anyone taking bets on if the fighting Irish will take up the Big Ten's offer and join the conference?

OSU does have a bit of a bull shit schedule this year. I know they play Youngstown State University in their first game (my college) and I heard they play Kent State later on as well. If OSU can't win those, it's a pointless football season. (I love YSU, but let's be realistic...)

If you really want to see who has the better conference, the only way to do it is to get rid of this BCS bull shit and implement a playoff system. The BCS is such a skewed system, it is pathetic.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:20 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Yes, cause all of the other onferences have so many out of conference games... :roll: What's the point of a conference if all you do is play out of conference games? See Notre Dame. Anyone taking bets on if the fighting Irish will take up the Big Ten's offer and join the conference?

OSU does have a bit of a bull shit schedule this year. I know they play Youngstown State University in their first game (my college) and I heard they play Kent State later on as well. If OSU can't win those, it's a pointless football season. (I love YSU, but let's be realistic...)

If you really want to see who has the better conference, the only way to do it is to get rid of this BCS bull shit and implement a playoff system. The BCS is such a skewed system, it is pathetic.

Yeah I been begging for playoffs ever since I understood the system... And if there is anyone here who actually thinks Notre Dame is a top notch team then they need to go over the box score of the Sugar Bowl.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:23 am

I'm interested to see if Notre Dame will take the Big Ten's offer and join up...

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:54 pm

yeah they'll fit in perfectly...