The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:39 am

telemchus wrote:I thought the movie was godlike, ive seen it twice. And kurke, how good are you at guitar hero now?

Halfway decent... lol

Don't have time to play and I just can't play it as religiously now. Forza 2 and my fiance compose my non-work/non-school life.

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:19 am

yo guys i got xbox360 now on live my gamer tag is Guilt Pleasures anyone add me if u want.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:45 pm

too bad my xbox is broken; and I always thought you could drop them from two stories and then play them again...

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:24 pm

Waucod, when are you renewing your account?
And good news, im in the top 25 worldwide in guitar hero for the songs "Trogdor" and "Beast and the Harlot". Im around top 50-150 in every other song.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:18 pm

haha trogdor I love that song...

and as far as my account, I have no idea whenever I feel like it

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:19 am

Jaysont wrote:yo guys i got xbox360 now on live my gamer tag is Guilt Pleasures anyone add me if u want.

lol

I was wondering who sent me that friend request. Haha That explains that. Enjoy your gaming! I'm enjoying my friend's copy of Forza 2 at the moment. That's one fun racing simulator!

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:54 am

haha i could never realy get into racing games.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:43 pm

Just a F.Y.I., I cancelled my LOTRO a couple weeks ago. I jsut wasn't playing it anymore due to a severe lack of time and a few 360 games that caught my attention. That's not to say I will never play it again, but my wallet can't keep up with current and upcoming events over the next month...

For instance, this past weekend I traded in my dying 1994 S10 pickup truck with 169,000 and upgraded to a 2003 Hyundai Accent with 8,300 miles on it. Yeah, talk about going the opposite direction. I almost double my gas mileage on that one. On top of that, my fiance and I picked out our wedding bands and put those in layaway and we reserved our tux shop for the wedding.

Still upcoming over the next month: moving in with the fiance! The plastic in my wallet is melting into the ashes that once was paper money in my wallet... lol

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:06 pm

YAY SUMMER JOB AND MONEY!!!

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:22 pm

yay no summer job and money!

Don't ask me how I did it, but I've accrued more than all of my friends' yearly salaries combined in one month.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:41 pm

Hell, I just want my fiance to be able to find a job (being a social studies/history teacher in this area ain't easy) and for us to have at least some financial stability once we move in together.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:18 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Hell, I just want my fiance to be able to find a job (being a social studies/history teacher in this area ain't easy) and for us to have at least some financial stability once we move in together.

really? I thought teachers were in high demand. I'm not sure how attached you are to your home/city/state, but I would suggest moving now instead of possibly being forced to later.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:34 pm

Math and science teachers are in high demand in this area. Social studies teachers aren't so much. Our problem is that my fiance is gradutating in August with her masters and I can't graduate until December with my bachelor's degree. So, we're stuck here for at least 5 more months, but probably a year. She's actually looking for advisor and administrative positions as wel and has had a few interviews. So far, things are like 50-50. A couple jobs look promising and others we're not so sure. In the next few weeks, though, things will work themselves out.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:55 pm

History is really easy anyways thats why everyone wants to be a history teacher

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:29 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:History is really easy anyways thats why everyone wants to be a history teacher

You, sir, underestimate how much history there is to know. Easy my ass. If you knew what is required of a History major to know, then you might have a little more respect for the field. History goes beyond that little bit you learn in high school and junior high.

That comment is like calling computers an easy topic. Just because everyone can relate a little bit doesn't make it an easily understod topic. Just because you play PC games and talk to your friends on AIM , that doesn't make you a computer guru. Just like knowing a bit of American history doesn't make you a history major.