The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:04 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:So Apium exactly why do they call all of them Final Fantasy? Shouldn't they all just be Fantasy until they finally decided to end the seires?

because when Square made the first Final Fantasy their company was about to go bankrupt, so Final Fantasy was literally their final fantasy. And then Final Fantasy turned out to be hugely popular and now we have the behemoth known as Square-Enix. I guess they could have changed the title, but the title is a constant reminder of their triumph.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:05 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:
Apium wrote:yea, third person shooter, I'm not sure what I was thinking. Either way the new Medal of Honor and Call of Duty certainly deserve the fps award from where we are now.

On a side note I'm looking forward to Mass Effect and Guitar Hero 3. And the new Final Fantasys even though I won't be playing them.

Mass Effect and Bioshock are on the top of my list. Guitar Hero 3 is definitely up there as well. Hopefully there will be an even better song list in GH3.

I'm not too fond of the songs I've seen so far for GH3, but I'm hoping they are holding back their big ones until we get closer to the release date. Neversoft(I think) shouldn't have a problem securing whatever band/song they want after all the sucess of the last guitar hero.

Kalice- Master Architect

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:38 am

Apium wrote:
Kurke_Aumea wrote:
Apium wrote:yea, third person shooter, I'm not sure what I was thinking. Either way the new Medal of Honor and Call of Duty certainly deserve the fps award from where we are now.

On a side note I'm looking forward to Mass Effect and Guitar Hero 3. And the new Final Fantasys even though I won't be playing them.

Mass Effect and Bioshock are on the top of my list. Guitar Hero 3 is definitely up there as well. Hopefully there will be an even better song list in GH3.

I'm not too fond of the songs I've seen so far for GH3, but I'm hoping they are holding back their big ones until we get closer to the release date. Neversoft(I think) shouldn't have a problem securing whatever band/song they want after all the sucess of the last guitar hero.

I already 5-starred every song in GH2 on expert, including Six, then Activision goes and says that GH3 won't be as hard, so I'm kinda bummed. Already pre-ordered Rock the 80's though.

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:15 am

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Given the scores of first party games for the Wii to date, I wouldn't get your hopes too high. And when it comes to FPS games, isn't the Wiimote doing exactly what the dual analog sticks are doing? Perhaps it is doing it in a more realistic fashion, but the movement of the Wiimote is still replicating what the dual analog sticks do.

Still, can't you cheat the movements with the Wiimote? I've heard people say you can accomplish the same actions in certain games by flicking your wrist as opposed to moving your whole arm and providing better accuracy in the process. If think the tennis game was the one usually used in an example.

There's something about the Wii that really turns me off to it. It may be the Wiimote. It may be the last-gen graphics. It may be the lack of any quality online service. In my eyes, the Wii makes a great party game machine. It's fun to break out when there's a group of people, especially if you are drunk. It just doesn't strike me as a something I'd break out by myself to play. Admittedly, I haven't played on a Wii and I really could care less if I do. Still, it does look more entertaining than a PS3. lol

Yeah some of the first party titles on the Wii have gotten pretty lackluster reviews such as Mario Party 8 and Pokemon Battle Revolution (the first competitive online title for the Wii no less), and also a lot of third party games (Red Steel, CoD3, MoH Vanguard) but that won't stop them from selling like there's no tomorrow. People who like these games will buy them regardless of what critics think. I actually enjoyed Red Steel more than most FPS games because the controls bring you into the game though the game did need a lot of work. But there have also been some great games on the Wii that take advantage of the control style such as Godfather, Scarface and recently RE4 Wii Edition. Sure they're ports essentially but this is laying the groundwork for future titles being made from the ground up. Give the system a year just like the 360 had and we'll start to see some good games once devs get better aquianted with the hardware and the controllers.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:08 pm

telemchus wrote:
Apium wrote:
Kurke_Aumea wrote:

I already 5-starred every song in GH2 on expert, including Six, then Activision goes and says that GH3 won't be as hard, so I'm kinda bummed. Already pre-ordered Rock the 80's though.

okay your good. Really good. And extremely good compared to me. I haven't beat expert, and I'm not close to 5-starring hard.

Kalice- Master Architect

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:25 pm

so has anybody seen the RvB series finale yet?

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:25 pm

I have great news everyone!

No, I didn't just save a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico...

I proposed to my girlfriend yesterday afternoon and she happily said yes!!!

I'll post a copy of our engagement picture once we actually get it taken, which will be a while (got to move and everything first!!!)

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:38 pm

congrats... anybody wanna place any bets on how long it lasts? lol jk

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:34 pm

congratulations mate. You truly have broken free of the MMO.

Kalice- Master Architect

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:02 pm

Gratz Kurke! That must be almost as exciting as iconic Star Wars gameplay.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:20 pm

no iconic star wars gameplay beats that out big time :lol:

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:07 am

Waucod Meesman wrote:no iconic star wars gameplay beats that out big time :lol:

Ugh...

Anyways, thanks everyone! I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on the wedding plans and whatnot. My lovely lady and I are already trying to decide where to have our wedding. She's from a town 40 miles north of me and there is a great debate on whether to have it up there or down here. At least down here there is a large variety of reception halls, churches, limo services, etc. I guess we'll see how whipped I am... lol

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:30 am

Kurke_Aumea wrote:
Waucod Meesman wrote:no iconic star wars gameplay beats that out big time :lol:

Ugh...

Anyways, thanks everyone! I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on the wedding plans and whatnot. My lovely lady and I are already trying to decide where to have our wedding. She's from a town 40 miles north of me and there is a great debate on whether to have it up there or down here. At least down here there is a large variety of reception halls, churches, limo services, etc. I guess we'll see how whipped I am... lol

How about neither? I'm thinking cruise ship. Or Chicago, Chicago has some great places. Or rent a mansion on the east coast. I'd go with Chicago, but only because that is my hometown(err town, yea).

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:22 pm

We're happy, but not rich... lol

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:38 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:We're happy, but not rich... lol

oh? I thought the point of a wedding was to rack up some early debt?

Kalice- Master Architect