The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:33 pm

well if the japanese can make a t.v the size of a pin then theres prob nuttin they cant do

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:43 pm

Dragonus wrote:well if the japanese can make a t.v the size of a pin then theres prob nuttin they cant do

yea but look how much that would cost for you to buy.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:53 pm

but its from japan... USA tech<japan tech ... the more advanced the cheaper their old tech will be which is prob "modern tech" for us

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:42 am

Even right down to their toilets! Hands free everything

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:59 pm

It'd be so awesome to live in Tokyo

Apium wrote:in that case yes i was in the bathtub. As for the nano being a ripoff, im still amazed they fit 8gbs in that thing. its so small.

I have an mp3 player, same size, holds 8gbs, cost $200cnd, and it plays video and FM radio. Soooo much better than a nano. /me huggles his mp3 player. Though you are right, it is pretty amazing when you think about the fact that 2 years ago hard drives were the size of washing machines if you wanted them to hold any significant amount of space (more than a 100mbs)

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:23 pm

Leviathen wrote:It'd be so awesome to live in Tokyo

Apium wrote:in that case yes i was in the bathtub. As for the nano being a ripoff, im still amazed they fit 8gbs in that thing. its so small.

I have an mp3 player, same size, holds 8gbs, cost $200cnd, and it plays video and FM radio. Soooo much better than a nano. /me huggles his mp3 player. Though you are right, it is pretty amazing when you think about the fact that 2 years ago hard drives were the size of washing machines if you wanted them to hold any significant amount of space (more than a 100mbs)

yea, your right about the mp3 players. I'm just the kind of person who is fine with paying a little more to get the right to call my mp3 player an ipod, and well I payed more so I could get it in black.

Kalice- Master Architect

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:39 pm

Mines black :D and its all puurdy

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:52 pm

well enough with the mp3 player talk...

i found the game i am good at .... 5 card STUD!!!!!!!!!! i won 6 times in a row... and lost all $30 in a double or nuttin reg 5 card poker 0-0 sucks..

btw go to www.chipvault.com of google chip vault and u can play with other people for free =D

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:47 pm

Ah its so good to hear someone talk about a form of poker other than texas hold'em for once.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:59 pm

i suck at hold'em soo i dont bother with it :o

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:51 pm

Freecell is pretty hardcore

Kalice- Master Architect

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:01 am

What next gen games are you guys feeling? I like the attitudes of the recent 360 rpg developers. They are providing next gen graphics, but are still attempting to provide a next gen gameplay system eg complex moral system, character customization, etc.

I'm looking at scraping my computer upgrades and buying Two Worlds, Oblivion(and its expansion), and mass effect. Possibly fable 2, its never looked appealing to me, but there must be something there. Gears of war aside, does anyone else think that the supposed next gen shooters all seem to lack innovation.

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:31 am

Apium wrote:What next gen games are you guys feeling? I like the attitudes of the recent 360 rpg developers. They are providing next gen graphics, but are still attempting to provide a next gen gameplay system eg complex moral system, character customization, etc.

I'm looking at scraping my computer upgrades and buying Two Worlds, Oblivion(and its expansion), and mass effect. Possibly fable 2, its never looked appealing to me, but there must be something there. Gears of war aside, does anyone else think that the supposed next gen shooters all seem to lack innovation.

That really depends on what first person shooters you are talking about. First, Gears of War isn't a first person shooter, it is a third person shooter. Second, some ext gen shooters do rely on last gen game play. Perfect Dark Zero plays like an original PS1 game with pretty graphics...

Now, the two Call of Duty games and Rainbow Six Vegas are the best next gen shooters I've played. I would even say RSV is a better game than GoW in may areas. The cover system of RSV is IMO superior to GoW's. GoW does have better graphics, but RSV does have a superior multiplayer. Of course, both games play differently than the other. GoW is a sci-fi shooter that plays a bit like Halo (kind of run & gun). RSV is a tactical, realistic shooter. Given all of that, both games are the cream of the 360 shooter crop.

As for RPGs, I'm not too big on them. I started playing Oblivion, but I just have the time for that kind of game. It takes like 80 hours to complete the main story, let alone side trips... Mass Effect does looking quite amazing though. And it's being made by the people that made KotOR, which means it will kick ass.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:34 pm

I already beat Oblivion on the computer. The graphics kind of ruined it though(i was running extreme low.) The standards of a console are a welcome relief to the low performance and random crashings of my computer.

Kalice- Master Architect

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:20 am

instead of post counts me and kurke should get deleted post counts.

Kalice- Master Architect