The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:12 pm

Dragonus wrote:
Kurke_Aumea wrote:
Leviathen wrote:I think Kurke's just bitter since no one will fork out the money to play Xbox live with him but people are considering the Wii

:P /pokes Kurke

Not really. I just find it funny that Waucod thinks he is a god at Halo, but he has only played custom games with his friends for the most part.

Truly, I wish everyone would give the Xbox 360 and Live a try. I think you'd all find out how great of a gaming system it is. Do I have it out for the Wii and the PS3? The PS3, yes to a degree. Not the Wii though. I think everyone else has some pretty high expectations for both of those consoles and there are going to be a lot of people that are extremely disappointed.

i am a ut2k4 GOD literally !!! .... but ps3 has FREE online !!!

5 more days until Sony goes into labor and the grand master baby is born

Yeah, free online but what are you getting? A glorified friends list? I truly think the PS3 online will be quite similar to what the PS2 has. Sony left the online options in the hands of developers (again...). At least with Xbox Live, every game on the Live network has to meet certain standards. Sony doesn't require this.

Seriously, when you get things for free, you're going to be missing something.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:55 pm

Now Kurke since when am I a self-proclaimed Halo-God?

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:24 am

You've said enough smack-talk about how good you are at Halo. The sad thing is that Halo 2 is still the most played Live game. I can't quite understand why though. It seems like only people who are the elite of the elite or cheaters and de-rankers are the only people that play.

Then again, the amount of time I spend on Live lately is slim to none. Having a girlfriend who lives almost an hour and a half away can really cut into your weekend gaming. I'm not complaining though as she's a real sweetheart. However, I got to witness first-hand tonight what video game addictions can do to someone... If anyone has any suggestions for prying my friend away from video games so he can learn to actually appreciate his wife and child, please throw them my way.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:02 am

tell him to record the number of hours he spends with games, then the number of hours he spends with them. Other than that, anything that guilts him

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:35 am

Kurke_Aumea wrote:You've said enough smack-talk about how good you are at Halo. The sad thing is that Halo 2 is still the most played Live game. I can't quite understand why though. It seems like only people who are the elite of the elite or cheaters and de-rankers are the only people that play.

Then again, the amount of time I spend on Live lately is slim to none. Having a girlfriend who lives almost an hour and a half away can really cut into your weekend gaming. I'm not complaining though as she's a real sweetheart. However, I got to witness first-hand tonight what video game addictions can do to someone... If anyone has any suggestions for prying my friend away from video games so he can learn to actually appreciate his wife and child, please throw them my way.

try bribery or maybe just take the fuse out his computer and TV.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:13 pm

Well I mean if games are better than his wife, than games are better than his wife. She either needs to be more interesting, or the games need to be less interesting.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:02 pm

how long do u people play...? i play fridays sats and sometimes sundays no more than 1-3 hours mostly 2 hours and u can become a awsome player with little amount of practice... the only bad thing about free online on pc is noob botters and hackers... not sure if halo 2 has any cheaters online but i would expect it to not since you are PAYING,,,

lol .... couple kids today got caught after drinking vodka...

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:13 pm

Get off the games.. if not for the wife, then for the child. The child should take first priority above all. You live for your children not for yourself if you have kids.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:04 pm

and thats why you shouldn't have kids

Kalice- Master Architect

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:17 pm

Apium wrote:and thats why you shouldn't have kids

he does kinda have a point here.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:05 pm

Apium did you delete my post?

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:06 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:Apium did you delete my post?

nope, i really didn't

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:27 pm

Apium wrote:and thats why you shouldn't have kids

Apparently the condom broke... :roll: Me and his brother think he was just too drunk to put one on and got careless. Seriously, the man needs an intervention. I mean, I barely have enough time to turn on my Xbox once every other week. I go to school, work, and have a gf who lives out of state. You'd think I'd have more time, but I don't. Meanwhile, my friend is married, has a kid, and works full time and spends more time bumping up his gamerscore than any other soul I know...

As for playing on Xbox Live, you do tend to have cheaters in Halo. But, that is usually because people physically mod their Xbox with some sort of microchip that grants them super powers. Thankfully, the 360's security hasn't been cracked yet, so if you are playing a 360 game you don't have to worry about modders. Now, some people do take advantage of programming flaws or glitches. That's unavoidable unless the game is patched though. Of course, you can have that on PC games.

360 games do play a whole lot better on Live than original Xbox games. I fear the PS3 and its games will be much more at risk than the 360 because of the inclusion of a web browser. Seriously, including the web browser is just asking for trouble...

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:27 pm

is a kill death ratio of 7:1 good?
keep in mind its one shot kill

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:49 pm

Dragonus wrote:is a kill death ratio of 7:1 good?
keep in mind its one shot kill

average yea, one life no

Kalice- Master Architect