The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:20 pm

The two final fantasies that come out on top are VII and X. BTW dragonus squall and his gunblade are FF XIII lol. You play FFs for the stories and the graphics, if you just want to kill stuff go play halo. FF X's story was beautiful, the best story I've ever seen, and not just in games. Tears come to my eyes everytime I hear the theme song.

I can't wait until XII and XIII, both look absolutely stunning. I orgasm everytime I look at those pics for FF XIII.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:38 pm

Actually FF VI is regarded by many to be the best FF of all time, with FF V having the best battle system, both games placed higher than FF VII on a top 100 games of all time list in EGM a few years back and FF VIII didn't even rank. Although this was also just before FF X was released

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:44 pm

FF 8 sucked, I never even played it. I watched all the FMVs though. FF for me is one half story and one half graphics. I won't do block people so I will never play FF 5 or 6. I'd still put money on FF 7 as the favorite. No other FF game has recieved that kind of treatment, other than 10.

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:51 pm

There's definitely too much FF lovin goin on in here. And there's too many Roman Numerals to keep track of...

Anyways, I just picked out my top three games that I want to get when they come out: Gears of War, Alan Wake, and Forza 2.

I'm sure I will buy COD3 and a few others when they come out, but those three look like the must haves for me when they come out. Another game that has me interested is BioShock. It looks amazing and after reading a preview for it, the game shows some promise (and looks beautiful too).

By the way, Sony just named and priced the controller for the PS3 in Japan. In US dollars it will be about $42 at retail. It is also named the "Sixaxis" in reference to its six axises of motion detection. Not crazy about the name, but that's not the deal breaker in all of this. The deal breaker is that the first-party controller for the PS3 will be without a rumble feature (yeah, not exactly news but worth mentioning again). I read a preview of GT4 and they said it just wasn't the same without the rumble. You just can't feel the curbs or the pavement. To think, this is all because Sony cheaped out and won't settle their lawsuit like MS did...

Maybe if you PS3 fanboys are lucky, Logitech or another third-party maker will release a controller that has rumble. To me, I really could care less about its motion sensing abilities (which seem half-ass at best). The rumble feature is just something that will be sorely missed by gamers (especially ones spending $500 to $600 on the console alone...).

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:51 pm

ok ff talk gets boring

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:53 pm

I have a question. Would the FF games sell just as well as they have if they weren't sold under the FF label? I mean, if you took the FF label off of them and released them with unique names, would they sell as well?

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:00 pm

The game Secret of Mana sold millions I think, and it was originally gonna be called Final Fantasy Adventure II or something.. there are a few exceptions, but for the most part yes alot of the games only sold because they had the FF name.. although I think more people consider the name behind the FF name to be a surefire seller, Square/Enix.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:15 pm

Konami my friend ... logitech came out with some good controllers .. i have 2 of the wireless ones.. very pleased

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:18 pm

Dragonus wrote:Konami my friend ... logitech came out with some good controllers .. i have 2 of the wireless ones.. very pleased

One would hope that A) third-party controller makers won't be tied into the same lawsuit that Sony is involved in and B) that Sony will allow third-party makers to make a controller with rumble features.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:29 pm

gezz im soo bored... anywasy yea hopefully.. maybe game companies will come out with their own game controller like resident evil and onimusha ... maybe not as big but close to a reg controller w/ rumble

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:36 pm

If you're bored, hangning around here probably isn't going to help. lol

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:40 pm

yeah trust me I have experience with it lol

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:48 pm

lol ur right.. talking to people over aim get boring 2,,

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:57 pm

Yea sales would go down, you would lose your fanboys and the massive amount of preordering. There has never been a bad Final Fantasy game, maybe some weren't good, but never bad. And if you are only in it for the story and the graphics, well it really doesn't matter.

And what about kingdom hearts and kingdom hearts 2? Both bestsellers by Square-Enix.Square Enix's RPG department hasn't had a bad game since FF 8. FF 9, 10, 10-2, KH1, and KH2 were all hits. Even if 12 turned out to suck(which it won't) Square-enix will have more sales on the first day, than most games will see in a lifetime.

Like I said earlier, if you want killing stick with HALO. If you want a real story, come to final fantasy. Even if you ignored every other Square-enix title, Final Fantasy 10 was enough to life the company into immortality. I still get teary eyed when I hear that theme song.

Kalice- Master Architect

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:13 pm

Auron was sooo cheap in that game...