The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:47 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:I'll tell you guys what I told Lev when he sent me a PM. You guys wanted me to get strict, so I'm showing you how strict things can be. I'm simply proving a point. Did I get carried away? Perhaps. But I'm doing what's required given the circumstances.

Here's the deal, I don't mind having a few off topic threads, but you all went a little overboard. And having a thread where we decide if Waucod is worthy of being here is rediculous. At first it was mild fun, then everyone got carried away and it turned into a witch hunt. So, I had to show what it's like if you want me to go by the book.

I'll also answer a question that only Lev has asked about and that is why I didn't lock a lot of the older off-topic threads. It's real easy, I'm too lazy to go searching through the pages of RID Chat simply to find off-topic threads. I have a personal rule where i really don't lock anything if the thread is more than a month old or on the second page. If someone has the bright idea to go necro-posting, then I'll break out the uber-lock again.

Now, here's some ground rules for you all. I don't care if you guys have a few off-topic threads. It reall doesn't bother me that much as long as you stay on topic and keep the threads to a minimum. Have one movie thread, not five. Have one modding thread, not three. Stay on topic in the threads and I'll even be nice and sticky everything.

Here's for the part where I agree with the rest of you. I think we're finally at a point where we need a GAT forum. Obviously, RID Chat is destined to turn into a GAT board at the rate it is going. In the past, I've never pushed for a GAT forum simply because there weren't enough off-topic posts to really warrant it. I don't know if it is simply because of RID's growth or that so many old RID's are sticking around, but I think the time has come where we may need a whole forum for GAT stuff.

Also, kudos to Lev for PMing me rather than calling me out on the forums.

understood

btw does anyone really not kno about gamecards or do i make no sense in my other thread?

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:49 pm

Oh you make perfect sense, I just don't have an answer for you on the game card thing.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:53 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Oh you make perfect sense, I just don't have an answer for you on the game card thing.

hmm guess il have to stop friday by gamestop and check things out...
the "gamecard" coming out november would be a rip off because its $30 for 30 days and subs is $15 ... if i find the card on the 1st link il prob be back by next saturday

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:53 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:I'll also answer a question that only Lev has asked about and that is why I didn't lock a lot of the older off-topic threads. It's real easy, I'm too lazy to go searching through the pages of RID Chat simply to find off-topic threads. I have a personal rule where i really don't lock anything if the thread is more than a month old or on the second page. If someone has the bright idea to go necro-posting, then I'll break out the uber-lock again.

Think that was a bit misinturpretted, more of pointed out that you yourself don't always post RID/SWG related topics since that was the line you included in all your lock posts.

I loved the T-shirt

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:58 pm

just searched the "gamecard" of the and link and look wat i found

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsart ... chid=11237

all expansion + extras for $30 .... speechless

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:59 pm

Yeah, I'm just as guilty as eveyrone else here. Remember, though, that I did make sure everyone stayed on topic in the selected threads I made. I made three threads for the three conferences at E3 by the console developers. I made sure everyone stayed in those and stayed on topic. But as I have said, I will lock it if I have to. If someone posted in one of the E3 threads now, I'd surely lock it.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:06 pm

Arg! Now I have to spend 30 bucks! Just look at this awesome thing the new box set comes with...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:10 pm

what about the armor he is wearing?
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:12 pm

just the vech and expansions... other cd's are extras .. dev interviews ect

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:15 pm

Novelty shirt changed to red due to popular demand.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:20 pm

has anyone ever wanted to become a body builder?....

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:29 pm

telemchus wrote:Arg! Now I have to spend 30 bucks! Just look at this awesome thing the new box set comes with...

Thats pathetic that devs keep doing that to make money off box sets.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:14 am

DUDE SEND ME ONE OF THOSE T-SHIRTS!!!!!!!!!!

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:46 am

I wonder if Todd McFarlane is gonna endorse SWG and create new monsters to slay

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:25 pm

Ri'Me wrote:I wonder if Todd McFarlane is gonna endorse SWG and create new monsters to slay

who?
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith