The Official Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:01 am

It makes sense to support the Republic, since we support the Empire in SWG. Change it up, little variety. My two. I'm def going to have Sith character though. :twisted: The graphics look a tad cartoonish and the lightsabers are huge. Hope this changes.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:26 pm

Bioware will be releasing the first ingame footage tomorrow on the official site.

Here is a link to the story:
http://www.swtor.com/news/article/20081211_001

I will post a direct link to the video when it launches tomorrow, unless they post it while I am in exams from noon until 6pm.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:58 pm

Apium wrote:I will post a direct link to the video when it launches tomorrow, unless they post it while I am in exams from noon until 6pm.

In which case I will post it...

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:04 pm

Apium wrote:Bioware will be releasing the first ingame footage tomorrow on the official site.

Here is a link to the story:
http://www.swtor.com/news/article/20081211_001

I will post a direct link to the video when it launches tomorrow, unless they post it while I am in exams from noon until 6pm.

Sweetness. I hope I get to see it before I have to go to my company's damn Christmas party tomorrow night... I just love when I have to work when there's a party...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:29 pm

Here is the link to the video:
http://www.swtor.com/media/vidcasts/viddoc001

The footage wasn't very revealing, but I am very impressed with the lightsaber versus lightsaber combat. It was very nice to see the lightsabers actually strike one another. I was a bit put off by the graphics when the game was first announced, but the art is starting to grow on me.

Kalice- Master Architect

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Looking amazing.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:04 pm

So whats the low down on some of the planets... or at least some rumors. I can't imagine having the same old tatooine and stuff

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:42 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:So whats the low down on some of the planets... or at least some rumors. I can't imagine having the same old tatooine and stuff

Its going to have most, if not all, the planets from kotor and then some new ones. (That is about all Bioware has said concerning the planets.) I just really want Coruscant to be in the game. Nothing says Star Wars like Coruscant.
Last edited by Apium on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalice- Master Architect

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:26 pm

Apium wrote:
Waucod Meesman wrote:So whats the low down on some of the planets... or at least some rumors. I can't imagine having the same old tatooine and stuff

Its going to most, if not all, the planets from kotor and then some new ones. (That is about all Bioware has said concerning the planets.) I just really want Coruscant to be in the game. Nothing says Star Wars like Coruscant.

Yeah but t would be very hard and very laggy I imagine in order to do Coruscant any justice. But I do hope they can pull it off.

Sahar

Post by Sahar » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:52 pm

I just heard somewhere that the game is going to be based a lot around micro transactions. anyone know more on that?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:21 pm

That is the general belief. The developers of SWTOR say that they have made no official comment on the payment structure, but the fact they didn't completely deny the microtransaction rumor seems to imply that there is at least some truth to it.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:56 pm

I honestly doubt Bioware would do microtransactions. Their focus is story and I think it really takes people out of the story if they have to buy items with real world money. Besides, it has come to mean a pretty shoddy mmo. I can't think of any really standout MMOs that use that payment system.

Kalice- Master Architect

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:43 pm

I would be very suprised to see that.

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:34 pm

I'm signed up on the site so I can watch and predict and hope like all of us.

Sahar

Post by Sahar » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:57 am

I am really looking forward to the game, but I don't think I would support it. if it is based around micro transactions. although, they could put a new twist on the micro transactions, and make it ok IF they do use it. Lets wait and find out!