Favorite/First Star Wars Video Game

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Waucod
Warrant Officer II

Post by Waucod » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:12 pm

Mikal wrote: And don't knock AoE with SW skins...I happen to like AoE :oops:

Amen dude...
2030 + however many I have now...

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:34 pm

Mikal wrote:Nahh, the best way to beat it is to "lern 2 play n00b". Seriously, I can't believe people had probs beating that game. And I had forgotten about Shadows of the Empire, that one was pretty good too.

And don't knock AoE with SW skins...I happen to like AoE :oops:

I agree, learn to play. But when you can't beat a level and it's years later, accessing the invincibility to enjoy the game for a bit more is quite alright. (Hey, as long as someone never cheats in online gaming, I really don't care)

And I'm not knocking AoE. I'm knocking GB for being a cheap AoE knockoff... LucasArts was just being lazy...
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Amere

Post by Amere » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:45 pm

Well, that X-Wing computer game was the first Star Wars game I ever played, and I loved it. I thought it was incredible then a few days later I got a N64 and Super Mario 64, so that game set me on the path to video games.

I really like SWG 8) because it is the only Star Wars game of its kind.

Knights of the Old Republic was an incredible game as well, awesome characters, story it was just a great game, KOTR 2 not so much.

And who doesn't love Battlefront 1 and 2?

Tenvik

Post by Tenvik » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:21 am

Action/Adventure: I would have to say the Rebel Assault games were really good Action/Adventure games for their time they were great. Even tho they were mostly Space Sims, Rebel Assault 2 had a lot of action adventure live action/CGI stuff.

Console: Shadow of the Empire by far I actually recently dusted off my old 64 and played thru it a few months ago, hehe good times.

Sim: Tie Fighter ALL THE WAY! that game was tits man.

MMORPG/RPG: MMORPG well SWG, but as far as RPG KOTOR 1 that game was great, I must have played thru that game about 5 times.

Strategy: Never tried any of the SW Strategy games but man I played the hell outta some Dune and Dune 2000.

First Star Wars video game: I think it was a old Arcade game based on Return of the Jedi where you land the shuttle on Endor and the start out on the speeder bikes I remember tossing a lot of quarters in to that game.

First Star Wars game you owned: A New Hope on SNES man those were the days I still remember the secret area with all the Extra lives when you were attacking the Tuskens

First Star Wars game you purchased: Rebel Assault

First name you used in SWG? Where'd it come from? Foustus Victus Zabrak Male Intrepid server Master Doc/Teras Kasi Master... as far as where it came from well the first 10 names I tried to get were taken so look up Dante's Inferno.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:11 am

On the Atari I really enjoyed The Empire Strikes Back. On the Nintendo I was not a HUGE fan of Star Wars.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:05 pm

super esb ftw!!!! it's the best.
Apathy is Death.

Zorbinafrii

Post by Zorbinafrii » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:52 am

Action/Adventure: Super Star Wars NES

Console: Shadows of the Empire

Sim: TIE Fighter (PC)

MMORPG/RPG: - duh-

Strategy: Ok - a admit it - i play galactic battlegrounds occasionally. you know - the star wars Age of Empires game?

First Star Wars video game: The one on PC with Dark Trooper ... what was that??? Also played Rebel Assault II for PC that day too.

First Star Wars game you owned: TIE FIGHTER. I think it was something like 5 floppy discs and i was like "WHOOOAAA!"

First Star Wars game you purchased: with my very own money? Shadows of the Empire for 64 in like ... 5th grade ot 6th grade

First name you used in SWG? Where'd it come from? Zorbinafrii. Random typing woot

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:22 pm

Zorbinafrii wrote:First Star Wars game you purchased: with my very own money? Shadows of the Empire for 64 in like ... 5th grade ot 6th grade

You make me feel old. I had to read this twice to figure out you meant Nintendo 64 and not Commodore 64. Also the game you are thinking of for the PC was probably Dark Forces.

Tenvik

Post by Tenvik » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:29 pm

Bovive wrote:
Zorbinafrii wrote:First Star Wars game you purchased: with my very own money? Shadows of the Empire for 64 in like ... 5th grade ot 6th grade

You make me feel old. I had to read this twice to figure out you meant Nintendo 64 and not Commodore 64. Also the game you are thinking of for the PC was probably Dark Forces.

Yeah It was Dark Forces, that was a great shooter and SW game and where the hell have you been Zorb thought you fixed the interweb already!

Zorbinafrii

Post by Zorbinafrii » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:55 am

Tenvik wrote: and where the hell have you been Zorb thought you fixed the interweb already!

hehe - i saw a commodore once - does that help? my dad bought out a warehouse of old computer junk and i found it laying there and it looked interesting. looked it up and sold it on ebay. thats my commodore experience. so yeah haha

my internet has been hit and miss. if you're a computer geek, then what is actually happening is my upstream and downstream signal to noise ration is totally f'd up and fluctuates from like, 18 to 35 in both directions in a split second, so they're going to have to figure out what the hell is going on and fix it .. hopefully today.

on top of that, real life has been an absolute hell for a couple weeks, so yeah.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:30 pm

Zorbinafrii wrote:
Tenvik wrote: and where the hell have you been Zorb thought you fixed the interweb already!

hehe - i saw a commodore once - does that help? my dad bought out a warehouse of old computer junk and i found it laying there and it looked interesting. looked it up and sold it on ebay. thats my commodore experience. so yeah haha

my internet has been hit and miss. if you're a computer geek, then what is actually happening is my upstream and downstream signal to noise ration is totally f'd up and fluctuates from like, 18 to 35 in both directions in a split second, so they're going to have to figure out what the hell is going on and fix it .. hopefully today.

on top of that, real life has been an absolute hell for a couple weeks, so yeah.

I found a picture of that chick on the Interweb:

Zorbinafrii

Post by Zorbinafrii » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:11 am

the one on the left or right?

Tenvik

Post by Tenvik » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:00 pm

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:54 pm

Zorbinafrii wrote:the one on the left or right?

I dunno, they are both being choked.

decra sikor
Lance Corporal

Post by decra sikor » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:04 am

its been a long time since this was answered, ill put it up again

Action/Adventure: Star Wars stand up coin-op game from arcades

Console: Super Return of the jedi from the original nintendo

Sim: X-wing (on 3.5 floppy discs i might add. before cd's)

MMORPG/RPG: KoTOR and SWG

Strategy: Rebellion and Empire at War (although Force Commander was rather entertaining).i also played rebellion for all of three days. hated it.

First Star Wars video game: again, star wars standup coin-op

First Star Wars game you owned: Rebellion, then xwing alliance

First Star Wars game you purchased:Rebellion, then xwing alliance

And Lexx, ive beat xwing alliance four times without cheating