The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:15 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Acutally, I'm from northeast Ohio. We're smack dab between Cleveland and Pittsburgh. And don't diss racing until you've actually been to a race. As for being ghetto, there is a black guy in NASCAR. His name is Bill Lester. He runs full time in the Craftsman Truck Series and has also qualified for the Nextel Cup race at Michigan this weekend.

And as for fake spinners (the hub cap ones)... I did see a 40-something white guy with fake spinners on some POS Cavelier today... Talk about a guy who doesn't have a clue...

I have some on my caddy lol. Its a joke though.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:45 pm

It does make you wonder exactly what you could spinners on....

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:04 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:It does make you wonder exactly what you could spinners on....

I'm trying to get my grandpa to put some on his golf cart, once he moves into this really rich neighborhood.

Kalice- Master Architect

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:36 pm

I'd rather watch soccer than dirt bike racing.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:45 pm

Leviathen wrote:I'd rather watch soccer than dirt bike racing.

I actually agree with this statement. The only racing I enjoy involves four wheels. For some reason, I can't get into racing that has two wheels...

Just so you know, I actually did play soccer when I was little, but I just lost interest in it since I got older. Maybe if the shrank the field down a little bit to make play a bit faster, I'd enjoy it more.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:45 am

i used to play too, but I stopped. I wasn't the best, EVERYONE was better, so no more for me:P

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:08 am

Kurke_Aumea wrote:

I actually agree with this statement. The only racing I enjoy involves four wheels. For some reason, I can't get into racing that has two wheels...

Just so you know, I actually did play soccer when I was little, but I just lost interest in it since I got older. Maybe if the shrank the field down a little bit to make play a bit faster, I'd enjoy it more.

anything to do with the running? :P

it is fast just probably not at the lvls you were playing.

Kalice- Master Architect

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:00 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Acutally, I'm from northeast Ohio. We're smack dab between Cleveland and Pittsburgh. And don't diss racing until you've actually been to a race. As for being ghetto, there is a black guy in NASCAR. His name is Bill Lester. He runs full time in the Craftsman Truck Series and has also qualified for the Nextel Cup race at Michigan this weekend.

And as for fake spinners (the hub cap ones)... I did see a 40-something white guy with fake spinners on some POS Cavelier today... Talk about a guy who doesn't have a clue...

IC massa

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:08 pm

Apium wrote:
Kurke_Aumea wrote:

Ehhh, it just wasn't my type of sport. I found it much more engaging while playing it though. I watch it on TV and I suddenly feel like I want to take a nap... Now, maybe if I went to an actual soccer game, it might be more exciting, but then again I tend to get bored going to baseball games...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:41 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:
Apium wrote:
Kurke_Aumea wrote:

Ehhh, it just wasn't my type of sport. I found it much more engaging while playing it though. I watch it on TV and I suddenly feel like I want to take a nap... Now, maybe if I went to an actual soccer game, it might be more exciting, but then again I tend to get bored going to baseball games...

now baseball that is boring. I'm not even going to get into that. Actually I find soccer games a little boring to watch on tv. I normally just get on the comp and have the tv on so I can catch all the exciting parts, unless it is an important game.

Kalice- Master Architect

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:49 pm

Yay but if I feel more liking to King Canada over Mr. Canada. If you want boring try the wonderful sport of GOLF!!! And to comment on Bill Lester I thought he was alright until he hit Kenseth today in the pits even though it wasn't his fault lol. Oh and Schrader is cool. Oh and Blaney is stupid and how does someone become a Dave Blaney fan anywasy unless he's like a home town hero or unbelievably distant family member lol.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:51 am

Waucod Meesman wrote:Yay but if I feel more liking to King Canada over Mr. Canada. If you want boring try the wonderful sport of GOLF!!! And to comment on Bill Lester I thought he was alright until he hit Kenseth today in the pits even though it wasn't his fault lol. Oh and Schrader is cool. Oh and Blaney is stupid and how does someone become a Dave Blaney fan anywasy unless he's like a home town hero or unbelievably distant family member lol.

Dude, why the fuck are you trashing Dave? If you're doing it to piss me off, quit. You don't see me trashing your favorite sports star. And yes, he is from the township next door. You've never even met the man. You call him stupid, but why? You're stupid for saying such a thing.

Do you know why I went to the races last night? Because Dave was hosting an event at his track for a charity. The charity is known as Victory Junction Gang Camp. It was created by the Petty's as a camp where terminally ill children can go and have fun and not have to worry about being sick for once in their life. Thanks to people like Dave, the whole camp is run off of donations from race fans like me.

Yeah, so Dave isn't having a stellar year. So what. Neither are a lot of people in NASCAR, including Kenny Schrader. So, before you go trash talking someone's driver, go educate yourself first. And if you don't like that, go fuck off.

You want to know why I really root for Dave? Come visit my town and see how much of a shit hole it is. Between the people and the politics, this place is the ass end of nowhere. For once, we finally have someone local to root for in one of the most popular sports in the country.

Plus, it is fun to root for an underdog because it is tiring watching the same people win week after week. It is like watching soccer. The U.S. team sucks, but you still root for them because you are from the U.S. Or it's like watching one of the sports in the olympics that Americans truly suck at. You still root for them even though their going to get their ass kicked. Hell, it's just like being a Cleveland Browns fan. The Browns suck each and every year, but each year we root them on no matter what.

Now, I was enjoying a pretty civil conversation about various sports until you came along and ruined it. Ready to be civil again?

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:26 am

Anyone following the Stanley Cup finals? This has been the most exciting one in a while.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:38 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:
Waucod Meesman wrote:Yay but if I feel more liking to King Canada over Mr. Canada. If you want boring try the wonderful sport of GOLF!!! And to comment on Bill Lester I thought he was alright until he hit Kenseth today in the pits even though it wasn't his fault lol. Oh and Schrader is cool. Oh and Blaney is stupid and how does someone become a Dave Blaney fan anywasy unless he's like a home town hero or unbelievably distant family member lol.

Dude, why the fuck are you trashing Dave? If you're doing it to piss me off, quit. You don't see me trashing your favorite sports star. And yes, he is from the township next door. You've never even met the man. You call him stupid, but why? You're stupid for saying such a thing.

Do you know why I went to the races last night? Because Dave was hosting an event at his track for a charity. The charity is known as Victory Junction Gang Camp. It was created by the Petty's as a camp where terminally ill children can go and have fun and not have to worry about being sick for once in their life. Thanks to people like Dave, the whole camp is run off of donations from race fans like me.

Yeah, so Dave isn't having a stellar year. So what. Neither are a lot of people in NASCAR, including Kenny Schrader. So, before you go trash talking someone's driver, go educate yourself first. And if you don't like that, go fuck off.

You want to know why I really root for Dave? Come visit my town and see how much of a shit hole it is. Between the people and the politics, this place is the ass end of nowhere. For once, we finally have someone local to root for in one of the most popular sports in the country.

Plus, it is fun to root for an underdog because it is tiring watching the same people win week after week. It is like watching soccer. The U.S. team sucks, but you still root for them because you are from the U.S. Or it's like watching one of the sports in the olympics that Americans truly suck at. You still root for them even though their going to get their ass kicked. Hell, it's just like being a Cleveland Browns fan. The Browns suck each and every year, but each year we root them on no matter what.

Now, I was enjoying a pretty civil conversation about various sports until you came along and ruined it. Ready to be civil again?

Calm down Kurke I was just looking for some sort of unfitting insult yes I know about the victory Junction Gang camp thing its like the only time you here Kyle Petty's name when they're talking about and I think its a good idea thats why I voted Petty for the All Star Race so don't get freaked out. Anyways I find it funny how in the thread Apium started you said you were in a good mood and here you like freak out and go crazy lol ok now back to the greatest country in the world before Kurke bans me lol.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:56 pm

I was in a good mood before I read your post. However, I'm in a bad mood from something else right now...