The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:59 am

yeah, but your on the other side of the lake. When the cold air comes down from Canada and passes over the warm waters of the Great Lakes, condensation is formed in the way of snow. The cold winds usually come out of the north and blow into the south-east. That is why Toledo is usually spared and Cleveland, Erie, and Buffalo get dumped on. Usually if you live within 50 miles southeast of the lakes, you're gonna get lake effect snow.

It's funny, because I live at the very southern edge of the snowbelt. When we get 6 inches, the about 4 or 5 miles down the street will only get like 2 inches. I know when I was driving home last night, I was about 6 or 7 miles away from home and it waws a real fine snow that was just slippery. I turned around the bend on the one road heading north and the snow turned into the kind that has bigger flakes and packs really well.

I'm sure Toronto get's lake effect, but not in the same ways that places on the other side of the border do. The snow you got yesterday and last night were from a cold front that's been moving across the midwestern U.S. the past few days. Today the lafe effect snow is kicking up.

When am I ever going to get to put up my Christmas lights....

Btw, Toronto's a great town. Been there a few times. Of course, whenever I went is was summer!!! I remember the one time we went up there on a class trip when I was like 12 or so and we went to the CN Tower after a Blue Jays game. It was fun pushing the girls over top of the glass floors way up there!!!

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:12 am

My only x-mas decoration is a wooden reindeer thats been in the front yard for 6 years and is half rotten :)
Sometimes I throw a light net onto a bush too.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:01 pm

I usually puton one of the bigger light displays in the area. I am only limited by my mother's insistence to keep the electric bill down. I'll post some pics once I get the lights up tomorrow.

(It's too friggin cold and windy out to put them up today)

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:19 pm

Toronto is a fun city, gets boring when you live there, I guess its that way whenever you live in a big city long enough.

The CN tower is fun once, then such a rip off the rest of the time. Though for a fundraiser we got to run up the stairs. I have never been so tired in my life. Imagine 20 minutes of running up stairs. Oy.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:23 pm

Kurke do you live with your Mommy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:52 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:Kurke do you live with your Mommy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yep, because it's too damn expensive to live in your own when you are going to college and you are dependent on student loans...

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:54 pm

I hope I go to a post secondary school close enough to live at home.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:01 pm

What's really funny, is of my graduating class and the class ahead of me from high school, like half of them go to the same university that I do. OK, the really funny thing is that a good chunk of them all live at home.

For those of you still in high school who thinks it's sad for college students to live at home, just wait till you see how expensive college is. IMO, it's total bull sh!t how high the costs are to go to college. Private colleges are even worse. And if you transfer from one universtiy to another, that's even more expensive.

What's truly sad is businesses only want you to have a degree in something for them to hire you. They don't care what that degree is, just as long as you have a degree. Did you know that in order to be a pharmecutical sales rep, you have to have a degree??? It doesn't matter what kind of degree it is, as long as it's a degree. Kind of sad, huh?

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:22 pm

I am staying an extra year in highschool. I am in grade 12 right now and graduate next year but there are two university maths at my school and I want to take them both just not in one year, so I am taking two seperate year. If all goes well I will be at school up until Janurary next year and then work full time the rest of the year.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:08 am

Just be careful about working full time for a year before going back to school. I know a few people who did that and they neer went back to school...

Life... Responsibilities... It all catches up to you at some point.

On a side note, never put off calling somebody for a year. Because by the time you finally call, you won't like what you hear...

On that note, I'm off to go have a drink. There's a Smirnoff Twist in my mini-fridge with my name on it...

Oh yeah, don't drink till your 21 kids. My best friend learned that the hard way.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:22 am

Drinking age 19 :D:D:D:D:D

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:46 am

Yeah, living this close to Canada had its benefits when I was that age... lol Because for some reason in the U.S., you can die for your country, but you can't drink!!!

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:41 am

of course not! that'd just be silly

Ghettofied

Post by Ghettofied » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:43 pm

I'm thinking of getting Guild Wars. Do any of you play it?

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:46 pm

I took a very breif look at it, didn't like what I saw.

By the way, It hink this thread deserves a sticky