Is it possible?

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel
Is it possible?

Post by Daiho » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:59 pm

With the new GU, I would like to have the style of this pic but is it possible?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:21 pm

I met with Daiho in-game and discussed the best way to look like that picture. It is possible.

Basically the combination would be as follows:

Ubese Chest Plate
Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper biceps, bracers, gloves and boots
And a clothing skirt to match the color of the chest plate and arm components (I forget the exact skirt type though).

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:53 pm

The Ubese chestplate cannot be used with the stormtrooper biceps :(

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:13 am

marauder or mabari skirted leg armor - mabari armor allows you to get really close colours to your diagram

stormtrooper or other imperial armor boots

imperial arm armor (either stormtrooper or clone white armor to look a bit aged)

the top you could try any of the set of loose fitting brown shirts to match you leg armor colour or maybe any of the combinations i have posted below

For the double pocket cartridge either side belt you are looking for the simplified belt in a dark colour (their are two simplified belts available its not the rare brown one that sits slung quite low on one side , you want the more symmetrical belt that goes all the way round the character at the same level you only tend to find white ones though. Or you could try the double pocket belt that would look good and would be easier to find in brown "jedi like" colours

i will try to attach some pictures for you to see what im trying to say might work

myself i think a great combination would be a dress uniform jacket in white with imperial armor bracers and some sort of like lexx suggested skirted more jedi looking bottom clothing with imperial armor boots.

Or maybe a dark set of imperial armor or clone armor arm armor and a dark shirt with a dark skirt so that you dont look like you are wearing a skirt. The darker the colours the less chance of people noticing that its a skirt and not a noble jedi robe.

I think the new jedi armor is good if its done subtlety rather than jedi people having full suits of armor. The jedi are graceful fighters and i wouldnt expect one to be trussed up in something which wouldnt allow them to move easily.

Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:14 pm

What everyone think about that?

Can I get better?

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:16 am

Daiho wrote:What everyone think about that?

Can I get better?

If you want to look imperial then i would say that "yes it looks great" .

I don't think the armor shoulder fan works very well. You could try a scout trooper belt that belt hangs lower with straps either side running diagonally across the front lower section your character (they almost look like old fashioned cowboy/girl gunbelts. I think this would help spread out your uniform or outfit from the top to the bottom of your character a lot more. Without the outfit seeming to jump from imperial armor straight into a set of trousers or pants as you call them :D as it does now :D

Do the boots work well too ? Those boots are rigid boots and i think a jedi that works for imperial causes would want a easier way to move and be agile.

Again i think you could look at using scout trooper boots. These are uniform boots (that are white) that look loosely armoured and not like clothing but the boots also look like you could move in them,

Also you could try some stormtrooper armoured gloves to match your bracers your hands look small below the bracers and make the outfit flow better on the bottom of your arms.

lol you did ask for opinions.

Did you finish the clone trooper armor quest last night ? Also sorry i couldnt help more i was very tired yesterday

look at this too :D could it be something that is achievable using the tab

Last edited by auren on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:51 am

Kewl Auren. thanks a lot I'll try this!

For the katarn armor, yeah I've finished the quest it took me 8 minutes lol

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:03 am

Errr when I set a scout trooper belt for appearence it didn't show :(

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:45 am

That's weird. I'll test with my scout trooper belt later and see if the appearance tab works for it.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:54 am

Daiho wrote:Errr when I set a scout trooper belt for appearence it didn't show :(

you need to have a belt or shield generator in the actually wearing slot
then put the scout trooper belt as appearance slot for it to show or maybe its options show belt i have mine under appearance on mooke i will look later for you to make sure and tell you how its done.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:55 am

LexxYovel wrote:That's weird. I'll test with my scout trooper belt later and see if the appearance tab works for it.

it works for mooke she wears a shield generator with attachments and a scout trooper belt in appearance

i made this in photoshop for you daiho

i added scout trooper arm biceps too into the "look" what do you think ? ?
maybe try the scout trooper bracers to it too and get rid of those straight looking stormtrooper ones ? its up to you
i also added the belt and boots to the image but ...

i forgot to add the armoured imperial stormtrooper gloves ...sorry

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:09 pm

Carlus told me it was my species the problem for the belt. But I'll try it with a shield to see if it will work. Thanks

P.S I'll be on around 10 pm EST because I'm working (EK LOL)