this ecomony is awesome

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel
this ecomony is awesome

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:40 pm

yeaaaaaaaaaaaah woo ecomoney!!!!!!

don't work for walmart, they just cut my hours to make jobs available for other people. despite the fact i been workin there 4 years.

fucking assholes. i just got this apartment and so all my bills are going to pile up. doesn't look like unemployment's going to give a damn unless i'm 10 grand in debt. (easy enough to get into...)

I can't wait to get in the army and leave this fucked up civilian world behind me.

thank god i don't have a wife and kids to support.
Apathy is Death.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Sorry to hear about all that. I'm sure it'll work out in the end.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:50 pm

Yes, yes to Lexx should you listen!

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:58 am

im sorry to hear that kioet

my company have used the economy as a excuse to freeze wage rises this year :cry:
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Re: this ecomony is awesome

Post by Monthigos » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:34 pm

Kioet wrote:
I can't wait to get in the army and leave this fucked up civilian world behind me.

Geez I can't wait to get out of the Army in four months. But then again the Army is going to pay my rent and tuition for the next four years so I can't really comment on the economy.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:10 pm

you'll understand what i mean when you get a civilian job.

sometimes i consider seeking counseling.
Apathy is Death.

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:25 pm

Well I joined the Army at age 26, and so I've had plenty of civilian jobs before then. Most of them paid very little and I had a wife and kid to support at the time. I can understand being in financial trouble. :P

I've also been in the Army for four years and I can tell you now I'd rather take poverty than put up with this bullshit another minute. Oh good example: this week I've worked 14 hour days for five days straight. Unless some good news comes down tomorrow I will be working the weekend, 14 hour days.

Or, how about this: 15 months in Iraq and now my wife and I are getting a divorce. My six year old isn't even phased because I've already been gone from her life for so long.

Or how about the constant supply of dickheads who think that when they get a little bit of rank, they can treat you like you are less than a human? Glad I'm getting my SGT this month, its gonna be great telling a few people off.

You think you are getting dicked around with now? Wait till you join up.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:38 am

i don't think i would be joining if i had a family to support.
Apathy is Death.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 am

Monthigos wrote:Well I joined the Army at age 26, and so I've had plenty of civilian jobs before then. Most of them paid very little and I had a wife and kid to support at the time. I can understand being in financial trouble. :P

I've also been in the Army for four years and I can tell you now I'd rather take poverty than put up with this bullshit another minute. Oh good example: this week I've worked 14 hour days for five days straight. Unless some good news comes down tomorrow I will be working the weekend, 14 hour days.

Or, how about this: 15 months in Iraq and now my wife and I are getting a divorce. My six year old isn't even phased because I've already been gone from her life for so long.

Or how about the constant supply of dickheads who think that when they get a little bit of rank, they can treat you like you are less than a human? Glad I'm getting my SGT this month, its gonna be great telling a few people off.

You think you are getting dicked around with now? Wait till you join up.

if you can show the newer less experienced people you encounter the humility that people above you should have done when you were starting out you might help to break the mould.

I hope things get better for you , you sound like you have had terrible luck and haven't been appreciated very much in life or work. I really hope your luck changes and some good comes your way. Your post made me realise how lucky i am to be in a civilian office job. The military services are such a unappreciated set of people without which we wouldn't be safe every day.

I really felt upset when i read your post good luck and *hug*
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:59 pm

Damn man that really sucks. Hope you do well in the army, you better write to me. ;)

I do wish you the best of luck on your financial problems though, you'll pull through. :D

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:15 pm

I just gotta pass the army physical fitness test and I'll be good to go after the 19th of September.

almost down to 18 minute 2 miles, just need to cut about 2 and a half minutes.
Apathy is Death.

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:29 pm

Sorry maybe I came off a little a pissy. I'm in a really crummy unit that likes to keep us at work all the time. There are better units out there so hopefully you get into one of them Kioet. There is always a certain amount of suck in the Army, but the people you work for and with make all the difference in the world.

Xenophor
Staff Corporal

Post by Xenophor » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:29 am

Monthigos wrote:Sorry maybe I came off a little a pissy. I'm in a really crummy unit that likes to keep us at work all the time. There are better units out there so hopefully you get into one of them Kioet. There is always a certain amount of suck in the Army, but the people you work for and with make all the difference in the world.

I totally agree with you there. I am currently stationed at Fort Bragg in NC, and I couldn't be happier. I work at post HQ, so my days start at 5, and end at 3. Before this assignment, I was stationed in Alaska. The only thing that I liked about that assignment is that it was IN Alaska lol. The units there were the suck.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:33 am

well im moving back to my parents' place so i can cut expenses and my hours at walmart so i can get out and run more. was planning on moving out tomorrow, but i had a burst of energy and now everything cept the computer and 360 is in the kitchen waiting to be thrown down the stairs into my car.

i plan on staying in the army a very long time once i am in it.
Apathy is Death.

Redaxe
Warrant Officer I

Post by Redaxe » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:57 pm

It's great to see you so motivated man. Keep it up and I hope all this pays off in the end for you. I wish you the best, and good luck bro!!