I did it! 2!

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Santos
Colonel
I did it! 2!

Post by Santos » Tue May 05, 2009 2:16 am

Just finished my biggest homework assignment ever, a 1-minute frame by frame animation done in Nuke, using Photoshop (gag) to compose the frames. After around 200 hours of work over the course of two weeks, I accidentally ended up making a 3 minute animation instead of a 1 minute one. Just have to composite all the segmented .mov files, and I'm done till Wednesday, when I'll get my next assignment!

Bovive
Colonel

Re: I did it! 2!

Post by Bovive » Tue May 05, 2009 6:04 am

telemchus wrote:Just finished my biggest homework assignment ever, a 1-minute frame by frame animation done in Nuke, using Photoshop (gag) to compose the frames. After around 200 hours of work over the course of two weeks, I accidentally ended up making a 3 minute animation instead of a 1 minute one. Just have to composite all the segmented .mov files, and I'm done till Wednesday, when I'll get my next assignment!

You are indeed a patient artist my friend. Congrats!

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Wed May 06, 2009 11:26 am

I have always despised frame by frame animation. That was one thing I like about 3DS Max. Only really need to set keyframes every pose, with the occasional one in between to make sure something like an arm doesn't bend all wierd when it moves. Then go back and fine tune between frames to make it look right. It's my prefered method even when animating in Flash or Director as well (they call them tweens or something like that in Flash and Director I think).
Grats on the work though...I just wouldn't have the patience lol.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed May 06, 2009 4:29 pm

[quote="Mikal"It's my prefered method even when animating in Flash or Director as well (they call them tweens or something like that in Flash and Director I think).[/quote]

You're correct, however Director got rolled into Flash with the past couple of releases from Adobe...

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Wed May 06, 2009 10:42 pm

I'm a big fan of flash myself, but I also really like Nuke. It's mainly used as a 3D compositing program, and these projects are just used to get us used to both the program and motion for future projects where we use more practical programs.