SWTOR Important Links

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
SWTOR Important Links

Post by Arev » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:57 pm

SWTOR Announcement: Available at GameSpot

SWTOR Main Site

SWTOR Starsider Thread

SWTOR Screenshots: At SWTOR.com

Live Web Blog: Quotes are from Devs

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:05 am

This looks pretty cool, no big suprise that it turned out to be a TOR MMO. Looking at some of the screenies on gamespot though I thought the jedi characters looked a bit cartoonish and the saber hilts awkwardly oversized. I hope they have space in it too :)

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:42 am

If you read the Live Web Blog, the Devs say those are Pre-Alpha screens. There's also a brief mention of space in the Blog as well.

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:04 am

I'll say this first and foremost, I'm playing Star Wars. I'm SOOOOO over the fantasy themed MMO's. That being said, I'm not sure which I'll play. I'm happy with my overall SWG experiance, but I wouldn't mind getting some new experiances in with other games (I've switched MMO's more than Madonna switches boyfriends hehe). I'll probably try to get into the beta for TOR when it is announced (or before, since I've beta'd so many games that they contact me usually...p.s...don't play Sims Online lmao). If I like what I see, I may switch, but for now I'm gonna stick with SWG.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:22 pm

Mikal wrote:(I've switched MMO's more than Madonna switches boyfriends hehe).

Not saying anything...

Mikal wrote:I'll probably try to get into the beta for TOR when it is announced (or before, since I've beta'd so many games that they contact me usually...p.s...don't play Sims Online lmao). If I like what I see, I may switch, but for now I'm gonna stick with SWG.

Right, I'm not leaving SWG anytime soon. Regardless of its BioWare origins, it still needs to be tested (not in the technical sense, but in the endurance test). We'll just wait and see.