Fable 2!

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Santos
Colonel
Fable 2!

Post by Santos » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:43 pm

Who else is getting it? I got it on Thursday due to Newegg accidental shipping, and love it.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:19 pm

I have release day shipping from amazon, so I'll get it tomorrow after class. If enough people I know get it, I'll probably upgrade to gold so I can co-op, otherwise I might just run solo.

I checked out IGN's reviews and I'm pretty excited now. My hero is going to be a complete whoremonger. Maybe I'll give you guys discounts at the brothel I'm going to open.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Waucod
Warrant Officer II

Post by Waucod » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Apium wrote:Maybe I'll give you guys discounts at the brothel I'm going to open.

Oh baby :lol:
2030 + however many I have now...

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:11 am

im still waiting for it to come out over here but knowing how funds r rite now i prob wont get till x-mas :(

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:30 pm

oh WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a red ring of death on my 360 30 seconds after putting in the fable 2 disk.

Kalice- Master Architect

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:42 pm

So after several hours of trying to fix my 360, I have come to accept that it is broken. The warranty died a long time ago when I dropped an ancient 75 lb tv on it.

Kalice- Master Architect

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Wow, what a bad time for it to break :o

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:00 pm

I'm getting the limited edition either tomorrow or thursday. Whenever FedEx decides to drop it off.

Sinful Eagle X if anyone wants to Co Op when its released. I don't have an Xbox Mic so we'd be playin by you guys talkin to me.

Waucod
Warrant Officer II

Post by Waucod » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:32 pm

Apium wrote:So after several hours of trying to fix my 360, I have come to accept that it is broken. The warranty died a long time ago when I dropped an ancient 75 lb tv on it.

So exactly how did you drop a tv on it?

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:34 pm

I can fix it for ya for ohhhh, 600 bucks? Yeah, Ok, I would just go buy 2 of em and send one back to ya, but hey! It's fixed!!! :lol:

Actually, I'm not real sure what the "red ring of death" is, but in my past experiances with consoles, let it sit for a week, then clean the lens real good (or in the case of my first Atari, blow into the cartridge slot hehe). Many times they just get a little warm, in many cases it comes from a potential lockup issue. The processor tries to "compensate" for the information that is all garbled, locks up, and creates an overheat issue. If after a week of non-use (unplug it, so NO power is present) and it still won't work (after plugging it back in of course), then yes, it is time to go shopping.

Mikal is a former Electronics Technician for the US Navy, therefore, if it doesn't work still, just blame the government like everyone else :P
Last edited by Mikal on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:38 pm

Waucod wrote:
Apium wrote:So after several hours of trying to fix my 360, I have come to accept that it is broken. The warranty died a long time ago when I dropped an ancient 75 lb tv on it.

The TV was on the edge of a desk. The 360 fell off of the desk and landed in a laundry basket so I was like "whew that was close," but then the 360 pulled the TV off of the desk also and the TV landed on top of the 360.

This time just sucked. I saw the opening cinematic for Fable II and then it died.

Kalice- Master Architect

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:42 pm

I was editing my last post to avoid a doublepost when you replied. See the above post. Yeah, it sounds like a lockup issue while trying to read from the disk. Give it a few days and try again. My PS2 goes through phases where sometimes it just doesn't wanna do anything. Of course, to get that thing to work requires me to hit the top REALLY hard when I first turn it on, otherwise it won't read the disk. And the manual says to be "careful" with it....I'm REAL careful as you can tell hehe.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:11 pm

i would be furious. then again, remember the time i got the 8800gt for my new computer i had just bought. worst purchases ever. fried em both i think.
Apathy is Death.

Waucod
Warrant Officer II

Post by Waucod » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:40 pm

Apium wrote:
Waucod wrote:

The TV was on the edge of a desk. The 360 fell off of the desk and landed in a laundry basket so I was like "whew that was close," but then the 360 pulled the TV off of the desk also and the TV landed on top of the 360.

This time just sucked. I saw the opening cinematic for Fable II and then it died.

haha nice, maybe you should redo the layout of your room if you get a new 360.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:47 am

Apparently, making any attempt to repair it (including cleaning the lens) voids the warranty. Although, the warranty probably died when the TV fell on top of it and cracked the case.

Kalice- Master Architect