Offline Games

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II
Offline Games

Post by Monthigos » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:46 pm

So what is everyone playing these days? I've got a 360 and I just counted 27 games that I've bought since I came to Iraq 8 months ago. :P The funny thing is that I've only played 10 or so of them so far. I haven't gotten to play my 360 much lately.

Anyway I'm playing The Orange Box, and right now I'm on HL2 Episode 1. We've got a network setup and when we play we usually play Call of Duty 4. On my PSP I was playing Silent Hill Origins, but I have no more stinking health drinks. :P

So what is everyone playing?

Amaroo
Staff Corporal

Post by Amaroo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:21 pm

Off line games still exist?!?

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:42 am

Yes, but they are only visible when when your internet connection is down. :O

Barney

Post by Barney » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Last offline game I played was Dance Dance Revolution. And Jaws on the PS2... I like eating the tourists.

Lamid

Post by Lamid » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:56 pm

Barney wrote:... I like eating the tourists.

... Hawt...

That is all.

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:51 am

I've been playing Sins of a Solar Empire when the servers are down. It's fun, but SLOOOOWWWWWWW.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:25 am

I think everyone has played COD4. I went through unreal tourney 3 recently. The campaign was pretty monotone, but nothing beats an Unreal fragfest when you need to let off some steam.

I'm thinking about buying Rock Band. I just need to hear from someone that the 170 dollars is worth it as a party game.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:37 am

Apium wrote:I think everyone has played COD4. I went through unreal tourney 3 recently. The campaign was pretty monotone, but nothing beats an Unreal fragfest when you need to let off some steam.

I'm thinking about buying Rock Band. I just need to hear from someone that the 170 dollars is worth it as a party game.

It's worth it! Me and my fiance have spent more money on songs you can download.... but it's a lot of fun!
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:21 am

Bad Company....it's so cool.
Apathy is Death.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:20 pm

Kurke Aumea wrote:
Apium wrote:I think everyone has played COD4. I went through unreal tourney 3 recently. The campaign was pretty monotone, but nothing beats an Unreal fragfest when you need to let off some steam.

It's worth it! Me and my fiance have spent more money on songs you can download.... but it's a lot of fun!

I'm up to around 150 songs, but apparently downloadable content is backwards compatible with Rock Band 2, which comes out in September (and the downloadable songs for RB2 work with RB1)

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:30 pm

telemchus wrote:
Kurke Aumea wrote:

I'm up to around 150 songs, but apparently downloadable content is backwards compatible with Rock Band 2, which comes out in September (and the downloadable songs for RB2 work with RB1)

Sweetness!

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:42 am

Kurke Aumea wrote:
telemchus wrote:
Kurke Aumea wrote:

Sweetness!

yea, thats very good to hear. I was kind of hesitant to drop 170 dollars on a game that didn't seem to have as much lasting appeal as one would expect, but if someone can build up a library of 150 songs and with a lot more songs on the way, I see that this is not the case.

BTW I'm like 90% sure guitar hero controllers work with rock band, but can I get some confirmation from someone who uses their guitar hero guitar to play rock band?

Kalice- Master Architect

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:47 am

yep they work was playing rock band with my guitar hero 3 guitar yesterday. :)
Apathy is Death.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:53 am

Kioet wrote:yep they work was playing rock band with my guitar hero 3 guitar yesterday. :)

alright, thanks. Just one more question lol. Are all the peripherals wired? I am wondering if I need to get one of those USB hubs. This is on a 360 btw.

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:10 am

For the XBOX 360, all the peripherals are wired, but they do supply you with a USB hub in the game box.

Also, Harmonix (the fine folks who made Rock Band) release about 3 to 4 songs a week and the occasional song pack of like 10 or 12 songs.