The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:03 pm

Hell, I don't have time for either...

I quit LOTRO a while ago to save cash and due to lack of time. And between my fiance and trying to get our lives started, my friends have taken a back seat for the time being...

Oh well, my buddies and I are all waiting for Halo 3 anyways. Hopefully, I'll be moved into my new place by then.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:27 am

I finally got around to playing kotor. I think about 3 years late, but it is still a great game. It is the best rpg I've ever played.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:11 pm

Didn't like the combat system in that game.. it was ok but not my kind of rpg. I prefer turn based or tactical rpgs

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:51 pm

oh yea. the combat system is not spectacular (expect for those brillant moments when you have a guy in whirlwind and you are hurling lightning at him), it is the actual RP elements and conversations that set it apart. Its not quite as open as it could be, but it feels like you can do anything.

Kalice- Master Architect

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:06 pm

I just beat the game recently for the first time. I enjoyed it. I plan to play the second one soon, even though I heard it wasn't as great. But yeah, I enjoyed doing all the little quests in KOTOR, and the freedom of making different decisions. I think SWG should be modled after that freedom of choices in quests.

RettVescan
Staff Sergeant

Post by RettVescan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:03 pm

Nice to see i'm not the only one who just got around to playing this game. It was a great game in my opinion. Tried the second game but didn't know that it had pretty much nothing to do with Revan so I stopped playing after like 1 hour. Was disappointed about that. :(

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:47 pm

I just started the second game too. I'm not too far into it. It hasn't really "caught" me yet, but I think I heard you meet some of the old party members in the game, and tell about the fate of Revan.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:37 am

Jesus I feel like I'm reading an old post!!! I beat that game like 2 years ago and then I beat the second one like a week after it came out!!!

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:09 am

Apium wrote:oh yea. the combat system is not spectacular (expect for those brillant moments when you have a guy in whirlwind and you are hurling lightning at him), it is the actual RP elements and conversations that set it apart. Its not quite as open as it could be, but it feels like you can do anything.

Yeah that's the part I did like, the conversations and somewhat non-linear gameplay. Didn't like the combat so much.. I would've beaten the game but the copy I rented kept freezing up so I gave up on it.

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:16 am

For anyone who likes wrestling games here.. (probably no one lol but who knows..) feast your eyes on this game coming out on the PS2 November 27th.. I dub it the SmackDown killer. Hundreds of real wrestlers (under fake names to avoid copyright issues, but you can rename them), real federations (again renamable), over 1500 moves, 500 caw slots, tons of modes, best gameplay in a wrestling game (none of that button mashing garbage like in Smackdown, this is more like WWF No Mercy), and all in glorious 2D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu4kVZpF ... ed&search=

The game coming out this year is shown at 03:13 of the video

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:25 pm

alright so which of you took the light side route?

Kalice- Master Architect

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:04 pm

I'm afraid I'm guilty of taking that route Apium :(

Oh and I plan on making that new Intel sig for you Apium.

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:37 pm

I took light side and my game froze...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:40 pm

Ri'Me wrote:I took light side and my game froze...

its a sign

LexxYovel wrote:I'm afraid I'm guilty of taking that route Apium :(

I was going to replay it and do everything as a light jedi, but I couldn't stand to be good after I knew the main character was actually Darth Revan. I just can't pass up being the Dark Lord of the Sith.

And besides who would want to miss out on Zaalbar killing Mission.

Kalice- Master Architect

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:51 pm

Yeah I did the light side first and thought the end video was stupid... Later I went back and did the dark side