The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:30 pm

Watch out for lev, hes got a killer shot!

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:46 pm

o-0!!!!!!!!!!!! is there any way not to redownload all the swg updates?

i have to reinstall windows and deleted all my sht in my main HD..but my second HD still have swg with all the current updates..if i try reinstalling and putting it to go into the existing folder will i have to redownload all the crap again?

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 pm

I don't think there is anyway around it, you COULD try installing the game again and then copying your old swg folder over top of your new one, but there are no garuntees.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:54 pm

Dragonus wrote:o-0!!!!!!!!!!!! is there any way not to redownload all the swg updates?

i have to reinstall windows and deleted all my sht in my main HD..but my second HD still have swg with all the current updates..if i try reinstalling and putting it to go into the existing folder will i have to redownload all the crap again?

Why not just run the game out of your second hard drive? Just map a shortut to your desktop and everything should work like normal. The only way something might be messed up is if the installer installs registry keys specifically pointing to the C drive or your original installation. Typically, games don't make registry edits.

Copying and pasting over top of a new installation may not work simply because the main executable has been rewritten so many times, its not funny. On the plus side, the launcher should scan your installation location for previously installed updates. This is in case you are downloading updtes, lose your internet connection, and must download the updates again. It allows you to pick up from where you left off instead of starting at the beginning each time. Like Lev said, there are no guarantees.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:10 pm

it worked fine.. i just had to pop in the 1st cd and make a menu thing on all programs thing..

BTW toor said i was a boring/good medic WOOOTTT i might stay now lol...

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:14 pm

Glad it worked out

/jabs Kurke for his computer

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:42 pm

lol

Btw, does anyone know when Nvidia is releasing their next set of drivers? I'm running the current beta set and I'd love to see what Nvidia has up their sleeves next as there are some serious issues with mpeg codecs in Vista and the Nvidia drivers (beta included)...

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:31 am

happened again... Wait a second, Lev you say your post count has dropped some too? Well then it must be for personal gain which could very likely mean Toor because you 2 are very close on total posts and I am next. If its not you Toor then its Apium!!! And if that be the case I hate you too Apium

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:49 pm

Do we really need to discuss who is deleting posts in two different threads? and no I didn't delete any posts.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:07 pm

I think its more likely that topics are finally dropping off the ends of the fourm pages, but that doesn't explain why only me and waucod are noticing

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:15 am

I'm suprised you guys actually beieve. I'm not making anything up (if any of the mods acuse me of making it up I'll assume its you) but still you guys have a looooooooooong history of not trusting me. The Apocolypse is here

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:24 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:I'm suprised you guys actually beieve. I'm not making anything up (if any of the mods acuse me of making it up I'll assume its you) but still you guys have a looooooooooong history of not trusting me. The Apocolypse is here

A. You haven't been a pain in the ass lately, which gives us more of a reason to trust you.

B. It's been confirmed by people beside you, which is another reason why we believe you.

C. We believe you, so don't ruin it for yourself and make us question our trust in you. lol :P

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:53 pm

wow... very emotional (<????) words Kurke

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:30 pm

Yea after that last post Waucod is looking pretty guilty :o
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:11 pm

it happened again. My posts are dissappearing!!!
Last edited by Waucod Meesman on Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.