The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:12 pm

Be thankful. I drive too much... I can easily believe that college students who commute to campus by car drive as many or more miles than a trucker!!! I put 20,000 miles on my truck in one year... and that was with mostly driving to work and to school. I'd much rather be driven around. Then I could catch up on my sleep while someone else drives.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:29 pm

what're you doing driving a truck back and forth from school? haha
You guys are lucky you have the lowest gas prices in the world, even if they are rising from what you are used to.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:34 am

well Lev we are spoiled and well we also aren't yhe greatest country in the world...

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:18 am

Far from the worst though! Got a good country though.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:18 am

the day waucod gets a license is the day lexx comits suicide

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:22 pm

Seriously our highest gas prices are like record lows in Europe. (I almost put Europa, stupid SWG)
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:04 pm

you know you've been playing swg to long when you spell Europe like Europa!!!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:38 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:you know you've been playing swg to long when you spell Europe like Europa!!!

HAHA!!!

You'd be surprised how much additional driving I do. And while our high gas prices are low gas prices for everyone else in the world (specifically Europe), we lack the mass transportation that Europe has. Only a few of our cities have subways or light rail passenger service. Many cities have busing, but that is nothing compared to the people movers that subways and rail can be. Plus, for some strange reason, people would rather sit in a traffic jam than ride a subway. Go figure...

I would really love to see the day of high-speed rail service between some of our larger cities in the U.S. The most we really have is the Accela that runs between New York and D.C (Or is it Boston and D.C.?). I'd love to see the day of a 200MPH train that runs from NY to Cleveland to Chicago to St. Louis to Denver to LA all in a single day. Considering how much of a nightmare air travel is, high speed trains would be a nice alternative...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:56 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:
Waucod Meesman wrote:you know you've been playing swg to long when you spell Europe like Europa!!!

HAHA!!!

You'd be surprised how much additional driving I do. And while our high gas prices are low gas prices for everyone else in the world (specifically Europe), we lack the mass transportation that Europe has. Only a few of our cities have subways or light rail passenger service. Many cities have busing, but that is nothing compared to the people movers that subways and rail can be. Plus, for some strange reason, people would rather sit in a traffic jam than ride a subway. Go figure...

I would really love to see the day of high-speed rail service between some of our larger cities in the U.S. The most we really have is the Accela that runs between New York and D.C (Or is it Boston and D.C.?). I'd love to see the day of a 200MPH train that runs from NY to Cleveland to Chicago to St. Louis to Denver to LA all in a single day. Considering how much of a nightmare air travel is, high speed trains would be a nice alternative...

your like me, you always hit the quote button instead of the reply even if what your quoting doesn't apply to what you are posting.

Kalice- Master Architect

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:36 am

your just upset cause he laughed at my post!!!!!!!

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:52 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:your just upset cause he laughed at my post!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure he was laughing at something else, and quoted incorrectly.

Kalice- Master Architect

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:50 pm

no he had it spaced from everything else...

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:30 pm

Just to settle the argument, I was laughing at Waucod's comment about misspelling Europe.

Anyways, do you guys think I should start a political thread? I know, it's a can of worms. But, I'm bored out of my mind and I'm looking for an interesting thread to start. Yes, there would be ground rules and anyone who broke them would face severe punishment.

On that note, if anyone starts a political thread I will lock it. Sorry, I have to make a decision about it first before anyone can start one of those topics.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:47 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Just to settle the argument, I was laughing at Waucod's comment about misspelling Europe.

Anyways, do you guys think I should start a political thread? I know, it's a can of worms. But, I'm bored out of my mind and I'm looking for an interesting thread to start. Yes, there would be ground rules and anyone who broke them would face severe punishment.

On that note, if anyone starts a political thread I will lock it. Sorry, I have to make a decision about it first before anyone can start one of those topics.

Take that Auvair!!!!!!!

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!!

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:49 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:
Kurke_Aumea wrote:Just to settle the argument, I was laughing at Waucod's comment about misspelling Europe.

Take that Auvair!!!!!!!

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!!

pfft

As to the voting thing. Instead of running all these ads about getting people to vote, how about we educate people on who they could vote for?

Kalice- Master Architect