New Hoth Instance Footage

A place for members to discuss anything pertaining to MMORPG development.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
New Hoth Instance Footage

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:57 am

The following video was made by a player in the upcoming Hoth Heroic Instance (which is currently released on Test Center): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-P1EZxYX-I

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:10 am

Really nice! Can't wait to land on Hoth !!!!

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:17 am

Looking pretty darn cool. I have a feeling this will come out shortly after the Galactic Moon Festival is over with on Nov 7th (or at least I hope). Gotta get the snowtrooper armor so I can sweat my butt off on Tat haha. Btw if you need your snowtrooper armor deconstructed and built with sockets and capped cores (~10) hit me up.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:10 am

Do the rebels actually get to fly snowspeeders? as in atmospheric flight? If yes, then along with the vehicular combat this could lead up to some pretty epic battles in the future (not that the hoth instance won't be epic). I'm picturing WoW style battlegrounds with about 30 people on each side. I'd resubscribe the day those type of battlegrounds were announced.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:29 am

From what I understand they get to fly the speeders and we get to man the AT-STs

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:31 am

Only the Imperial version of the instance is on Test Center so far. As of now, It'll only be a PvE instance, but the option of making a PvP version should definitely be explored.

The Rebel version will feature pilotable Snowspeeders, but it's not clear how it will work. As far as we know, they will be flown using pet toolbar commands or something.

But yes, the instance looks promising. It's nice that we'll be able to get tokens for finishing individual objectives rather than completing the whole thing flawlessly. There will also be a "Wampa Valley" portion apparently.