Rancor?

A place for members to discuss anything pertaining to MMORPG development.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Mikal
Second Lieutenant
Rancor?

Post by Mikal » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:51 pm

So, I was cruising the SWG boards today at school and noticed that someone had made a mutated Rancor. I got to looking closely at the screenie and I recognized a few names...then noticed that they were coming through guildchat. I didn't see the name of the person on the screenie though, and can't seem to find it on these boards.

So basically...somebody needs to fess up. And when I get back in give me your rancor :p . Ok, you can keep it, but I wanna see it!!!

Barney

Post by Barney » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:36 pm

The person who made the Rancor is Pooks. Sure you all know of her, the multi-billion credit trader with a city all her own on Tatooine.

She, and all her alts, is a member of the SHC guild. I know her from there as one of the very few decent members in the guild, however stupid I think she is to keep staying with them after the way that they talk to her and abuse her.

I was thrilled to be the first person to receive a tell from her in testcenter when she unlocked the rancor, after she'd been trying on about 4 toons on two servers to get it done.

That's the greatest connection that exists between her and anyone else in RID. She has also shared a guild (TIO) with a few other guild members who were in that guild a long time ago.
/shrug

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:31 pm

I saw on the starsider boards this morning about it. I looked and there was Fractus in guildchat. I've been gone a month now...have I missed anything? lol

Barney

Post by Barney » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:37 pm

Fractus is also now in SHC
Get in game then see what ya missed :P

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:19 pm

Mikal wrote:I saw on the starsider boards this morning about it. I looked and there was Fractus in guildchat. I've been gone a month now...have I missed anything? lol

Alot... You'll spend a couple hours sorting through holomails... lol
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:25 pm

wait I thought it was gisele who got the rancor mutation? There was a HUGE thread on the Beast Mastery board about it. Well whoever it is, they don't have the rancor yet, I believe they still have to find the stage three combo.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Barney

Post by Barney » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:06 pm

#1 Gisele is one of Pook's alts. She has as many alts as I do. (that's saying a LOT)

#2 I have SEEN the Rancor, while she is afk pet leveling him on her OTHER alt (Osskiss Kissoss) at the Dantari Village.

#3 I examined him and he's "A Mutated Rancor" and he has the spines mutation which puts spikes all over his back, and a red color.

So I'm not sure, he's officially called "A Mutated Rancor" and has those spines, and she's leveling him, so is a "third stage mutation" different somehow? I know she didn't start with Rancor DNA, to get him.

Jonem
Master Sergeant

Post by Jonem » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:58 pm

Ive seen it and that is NOT a third stage mutation...At least when i glanced at it, it wasn't any thing like it

Barney

Post by Barney » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:11 pm

So what is a third stage mutation? Only thing I saw different was he had spines. I thought, ANY mutation was when you took dna from animal x and managed to get totally different animal y out of it? She definately didn't use a rancor dna this time around from what I 've been told.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:16 pm

The Beast Mastery board is up in arms because Gisele is holding the information from the community. She wants to be the first one to get the third stage mutation (and I support her) but everyone else wants her to give up the info so they can help her get it faster. I really know very little about BM, this is just the main idea of most of the complaints and flames I have read.

Kalice- Master Architect

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:53 pm

This is the 3rd stage rancor mutation

Barney

Post by Barney » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:19 am

Ok, hers had spines all over his back, but no horns in the front and he had a soured pucker mouth that looked like someone stole his dentures. Could be because he's not grown up yet, but most likely he's second stage mutation. Not sure how we know what they look like when no one's done it yet?

Isn't it still huge that we can get a rancor made in the first place? I thought the whole issue was no one can get DNA for rancors except stuffed ones, so people could not even make them anymore anyway. Essentially all new made rancors are mutated by nature to begin with right?

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:37 am

Barney wrote:Ok, hers had spines all over his back, but no horns in the front and he had a soured pucker mouth that looked like someone stole his dentures. Could be because he's not grown up yet, but most likely he's second stage mutation. Not sure how we know what they look like when no one's done it yet?

Isn't it still huge that we can get a rancor made in the first place? I thought the whole issue was no one can get DNA for rancors except stuffed ones, so people could not even make them anymore anyway. Essentially all new made rancors are mutated by nature to begin with right?

yea, it is huge. I wish people would just congratulate Gisele and move along as it is a huge accomplishment and they are simply showing their jealously by flaming her.

Kalice- Master Architect

Barney

Post by Barney » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:38 pm

People like to flame her. She's incredibly patient and accepting of it too. I get so ticked off at it sometimes.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:30 pm

Barney wrote:Ok, hers had spines all over his back, but no horns in the front and he had a soured pucker mouth that looked like someone stole his dentures. Could be because he's not grown up yet, but most likely he's second stage mutation. Not sure how we know what they look like when no one's done it yet?

The stage one mutation would give her pet higher stats, and stage two would turn it into a rancor, followed by stage three giving you a mutated looking rancor. The stage two might be a bit different than the regular rancor for differentiation.