SWG SOE Voice Chat being added

A place for members to discuss anything pertaining to MMORPG development.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
SWG SOE Voice Chat being added

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:27 am

http://sev.prnewswire.com/computer-elec ... 008-1.html

Could this eliminate theneed for ventrillo :?:

Aerick-Fyonna

Post by Aerick-Fyonna » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:33 pm

While I don't mind using Vent or TS, I have for years, this really would be the best way to go. IF IT WORKS. I have been in guilds in games ranging from EQ to EVE Online that required Vent or TS. I have six years of tactical communications experience (US Army, B Co 2-22 Infantry, 10th Mountain Division) and between my real life experience and extensive raiding experience in other games, I'm all for this being a requirement for major events such as instances. I think the biggest hurdle we will find though is getting people to get a working headset mic.

TigerDirect - click the $0 to $24 link to the left.

Wal-Mart

Cheap is pretty much universally agreed to be best. I left off Bes Buy because their site is hard to navigate, and CompUSA because they seem to have been absorbed by TigerDirect. I personally use TigerDirect unless I need it immediately. So many companies could learn from them how to run customer service.

Lamid

Post by Lamid » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:35 pm

"IF IT WORKS"... key words.

WoW recently added integrated voice chat and it did not. Period.

I agree with Fyonna, in both a raid setting as well as what I like to call "Small Units" (normal group stuff) voice communication makes things much easier, freeing people from having to type out what they want to say (which isn't as easy for some folks to do as it is others).