game keeps freezing =/

A place for members to discuss anything pertaining to MMORPG development.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Takura
game keeps freezing =/

Post by Takura » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:25 pm

I have the latest directX, latest video card drivers, but SWG still likes to randomly free on me..

Finnus Malorin

Post by Finnus Malorin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:04 am

I know it may seem obvious but... you got the 2 gig it needs?
And I know all about the flipbook movement :lol:

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:03 am

Finnus Malorin wrote:I know it may seem obvious but... you got the 2 gig it needs?
And I know all about the flipbook movement :lol:

the game takes up over 4.5 gigs alone. You won't need much more than that in hard memory. The game will write nearly all of its temporary stuff to ram/videocards/that other temporary memory thing
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:19 am

Have you toned down your graphics settings? There is a guide at the SWG site. My old computer had that problem, but after I reduced some of the detail and effects it made a huge difference.

I'm not sure what your exact problem is (like when it freezes), but on mine it would freeze when I got close to a town or city and would even rubberband me back out 500M once the city loaded.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:57 am

are we talking full freeze? like you have to restart your computer to get it unfrozen?
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Takura

Post by Takura » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:27 pm

Apium wrote:are we talking full freeze? like you have to restart your computer to get it unfrozen?

The Sound effects/music still play and I can still move the mouse around, but thats it, everything else in the game freezes. Sometimes I can alt+tab out and close SWG and restart it, other times I have to restart the comp.

and I have the graphics turned down. It didnt start doin this till I formatted a few days ago.

My Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 (2.0ghz)
1.5gb Ram
Geforce 7300 GS (PCI-E)