Enjoying the game?

A place for members to discuss anything pertaining to MMORPG development.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kardath
Enjoying the game?

Post by Kardath » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:40 pm

Just wondering if it's just me. Ever since that stupid chapter one update I have barely played my toon at all. The gameplay just completely sucks now, and I'm finding zero enjoyment at the moment. I miss the old targeting system, now I can't even take on 3 cl50 rebels without cloning, my buffs only work half the time, and the only people on anymore seem to be pvp'rs.

I went to TC and tried restuss, which again sucked bigtime. Can't get 20 feet into the city before either being killed by a gank squad of rebels or some pvp'r taking me out, and they said it's not forced pvp. Please. The lag was horrible, and everything killed me so fast I didn't see any npc's for the new missions.

I just paid on the 18th for 3 more months, but I can't even bring myself to log into my jedi anymore, playing is so painfull. So what do you guys think about all the changes?

Szul

Post by Szul » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:40 am

Well, Szul's account went inactive last Friday, I don't think he'll be back for a while... and if it wasn't for a couple of expensive items that have fallen off the vendor and are risking perma-deletion from the vendor, I probably wouldn't bother wasting $15 to reactivate Snikool later this week to wrap up my vendors.

I never tried out the new combat and I might still be playing if not for starting Everquest, in two days, but I won't have time to split games for a couple of months, so just trying to save some cash. Just have a lack of interest and the PVP is lame compared to the good old days, pre-JTL. I will prob do some space stuff on Snikool, try to sell off the rest of the crap over next month then vanish from SWG for a bit.

Dunno, maybe they'll do something to tempt me back in a coming Publish, but Restuss is falling off my desire list.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:51 am

From the sound of it, Restuss doesn't that THAT good, but it'll definitely be better than nothing I guess.

I just wish they would add back player placed bases rather than static bases (or why not both?).

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:53 am

I didn't like the restuss on TC just b/c i wasnt helping the imperials on my server it was just about the killing and not about completing goals. When I log on today I'll be grinding out the quests to get my heavy reaper shotgun. I pity the fool........well yea you get the point.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:25 am

I am now level 90 (finally). I was sitting at level 89 for too long. I'm looking forward to forming RID groups... it might be more fun if done as a guild.

But I *hate* Rori...

Amaroo

Post by Amaroo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:35 am

LexxYovel wrote:I am now level 90 (finally). I was sitting at level 89 for too long. I'm looking forward to forming RID groups... it might be more fun if done as a guild.

But I *hate* Rori...

'Bout time you hit the cap Boss! Yeah. whenever i'm on lately I am more than likely PvP'ing, that seems to be the only worthwhile thing for high levels to do anymore.

As for the Rori comment, It really isn't so bad, I had a city, which I think is still there, on Rori.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:36 am

Hehe, I guess I'm just one of those people :D

Amaroo

Post by Amaroo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:37 am

LexxYovel wrote:Hehe, I guess I'm just one of those people :D

It's the gungans there that you don't like, isn't it? :lol:

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:40 am

A major factor I suppose :P

By the way, what rewards are included in this Restuss thing? Are there tangible rewards?

Amaroo

Post by Amaroo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:41 am

LexxYovel wrote:A major factor I suppose :P

By the way, what rewards are included in this Restuss thing? Are there tangible rewards?

I heard, (probably just rumor) about a new Jedi hilt and some new Mandolorian armor.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:45 am

I think I found a link of some Mando/Rebel weapons:

http://www.starwarsgalaxiesquests.com/p ... apons.html

I also think there is a sort of new mandolorian armor for both factions. It's not really mando armor but looks similar... I remember seeing a picture of both...

Amaroo

Post by Amaroo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:47 am

LexxYovel wrote:I think I found a link of some Mando/Rebel weapons:

http://www.starwarsgalaxiesquests.com/p ... apons.html

I also think there is a sort of new mandolorian armor for both factions. It's not really mando armor but looks similar... I remember seeing a picture of both...

Nice! Now where's OUR damn items...lol

Oh, and Starsider is LOCKED now, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:52 am

Lol yeah, I hope ours look cool :P

The devs said the downtime was going to be about 4 hours, but they said that 2 hours ago. Unless they consider "locked" to be downtime, I guess it should be sooner than expected.

It will be funny to see every planet deserted except for Rori (well, actually it was always like that, but everyone on Tatooine instead :P )

Amaroo

Post by Amaroo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:58 am

Yeah, it'll be deserted...except for Eisley Cantina, still have the AFK ent.'s there for our viewing/listening pleasure :D

All those weapons look pretty good, except the Jedi Hilt...And that Mando. heavy weapon...I am VERY interested in seeing that.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:03 am

Yes, I honestly didn't think the devs go mix Jedi and Mando items together, but they proved me wrong :lol: