So now that jedi is nerfed to hell, what's the next best job

A place for members to discuss anything pertaining to MMORPG development.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kardath
So now that jedi is nerfed to hell, what's the next best job

Post by Kardath » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:37 pm

Like the title says, I've been reading the soe forums and it seems now that jedi is completely nerfed all to hell. So being a player who does most of his playing alone, (I'm on late at night when noone else is, so grouping is out for me most of the time) what's the current best profession to switch to?

This really sucks, I was just starting to like being a jedi too.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:46 pm

Medic, medic is the elite profession now. Go ahead and put the medic nerf on your calenders.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:56 pm

When I played I was on for like hour long periods all day from like 10:00 am to like midnight.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:06 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:When I played I was on for like hour long periods all day from like 10:00 am to like midnight.

waucod what are you talking about?

wrong thread man

Kalice- Master Architect

Szul

Post by Szul » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:53 pm

Sorry, I didn't get to see the changes to Jedi. I used my freebie Publish respec last night before the patch, to switch to Spy and check it out for PVP. Always wanted to and the freebie respec saves wear and tear on my Respec Device.

I haven't done much with the new combat yet either, been dealing with a headcold/sinus infection so its been mostly couch camping for me past few days.

One thing I have heard, is that the solo content took a big hit, and any class you choose will now need a group for most PVE content.

Kardath

Post by Kardath » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:58 am

Sorry about your illness Szul. I hurt my wrist the other day and can't play (or do much of anything) very well at the moment, so I know how ya feel.

I logged back in inside the dwb and managed to kill 3 of the red guards that come when you trigger the key box. Had the named guy with the key half dead when two other red guards came and killed me. The most screwed up thing I noticed was that while I could handle the DWB guards once I got back to Theed I couldn't handle 3 cl25 rebel npc's. This is totally f-cked up. When 3 cl25 rebels can kill a cl90 jedi with a master robe and all +20 health clothing and jewelry you know the game is screwed royally.

It'll only cost me 500,000 to respec, I just hate to since I've invested so much money into this jedi. About 20mil so far for the robes/clothing/saber resources/etc.

What am I going to have to buy in the way of +clothing and weapons to make a decent medic anyway?

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:28 am

Kardath wrote:Sorry about your illness Szul. I hurt my wrist the other day and can't play (or do much of anything) very well at the moment, so I know how ya feel.

I logged back in inside the dwb and managed to kill 3 of the red guards that come when you trigger the key box. Had the named guy with the key half dead when two other red guards came and killed me. The most screwed up thing I noticed was that while I could handle the DWB guards once I got back to Theed I couldn't handle 3 cl25 rebel npc's. This is totally f-cked up. When 3 cl25 rebels can kill a cl90 jedi with a master robe and all +20 health clothing and jewelry you know the game is screwed royally.

It'll only cost me 500,000 to respec, I just hate to since I've invested so much money into this jedi. About 20mil so far for the robes/clothing/saber resources/etc.

What am I going to have to buy in the way of +clothing and weapons to make a decent medic anyway?

I respec'd to jedi knowing I would respec out, once this publish hit. I spent about 15 million and jedi, but I made all of it back selling my WG crystals and artifacts.

For medic you are going to need primus layered battle armor, primus layered recon armor, and some even have primus layered kinetic armor. Note thats an 'and' not an 'or.' Then you will need the full cache of weapons. A melee kinetic, a ranged carbine kinetic, a ranged rifle kinetic, a ranged rifle energy, and a ranged carbine energy.

And to szul, for jedi the saber block was nerfed but its not noticiable and our heal dropped down to 5000. O yea and we suck really really bad with ranged. When we use ranged its like our target has a perma saber block up. We hit like 10s.

Kalice- Master Architect