Preparing for Combat (buffing)

A place for members to discuss anything pertaining to MMORPG development.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel
Preparing for Combat (buffing)

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:48 am

Buffs:

Mainly what i do is have my instant reuseable ones active most of the time and PUPs since they last pretty long, as well as medic buffs and inspiration. for instance:

Nourishing Vita-Caps, Mustafarian Heat Injector, Armor Powerup, Clothing Powerup, Weapon Powerup, all 7 medic buffs, inspiration, food, experimental electrobinoculars.

This gives me 15 buffs (well 16 cause i use favor of the elders as well)

Now if i toss in damage booster pack, mitigation powder, officer tactical stims, imperial banner, that gives me 19 buffs to work with within a fair time period (roughly 15 minutes)

and if i wanna add more...i can always toss in retaliation, adrenaline rush, unstoppable, last man standing, and legendary...that's 24 buffs total.

and if i'm on a rebel gut-stomping mode...i could throw on my lair crystal, offensive burst (or defensive) wild force shards, serpent shard, and sith holocron for 28 total buffs. and this is not counting my return fire or shields abilities for 30 buffs, and if i'm grouped with an officer or smuggler and other professions with their imperial banners thrown in.....

Acquired from Legacy Side-Quest:

Nourishing Vita-Caps: +20 constitution for 15 minutes, no cooldown

Quest Revived: Tipping the balance: Level 22
Rewards: 8120 Quest XP, 5901cr, + [Royal Security Forces Jacket]
Skaak tippers are planning to steal all the bank terminals then hack into them...
You are to kill 16 CL20 Skaak at their hideout [6714, 7164] to help prevent them from stealing the terminals.. Once you've killed 16, the mission will update and tell you to kill Jonni Skaak, CL21 Elite [6752, 7162] inside the large underground complex.. Kill him and loot his journal. Return and speak to Colonel Panaka (labelled a captain - which is probably a BUG). Quest completed.

Crafted:

Food/Drink Buff, modifies stat for 10-17 minutes: roughly 100,000 credits for a crate

Armor Powerup, 30 minutes increase to stat, roughly 200,000 credits for 50 uses, does not disappear upon death!

Shirt Powerup, 30 minutes increase to stat, roughly 200,000 credits for 50 uses, does not disappear upon death!

Weapon Powerup, 30 minutes increase to stat, roughly 200,000 credits for 50 uses, does not disappear upon death!

Provided:

Entertainer Buff: (choose your buff from entertainer, can last anywhere from 14 minutes to 4+ hours)

Medic Buff: +250 stamina, +250 constitution, +200 block, +80 agility, +80 Strength, +80 Precision, +5% chance to dodge

Officer Buffs:

Smuggler Buff:

Military Damage Booster Pack, increases damage

Damage Mitigation Powder, increases armor

Experimental Electrobinoculars: +100 to detect spies for 15 minutes, roughly 13,000 credits for a few of em (rank of corporal)

Imperial Banner, 10 minute % buff, 30 minute reuse (rank of captain)

Acquired from Mustafar:

Mustafarian Injector: +100 strength, +100 Precision for 30 minutes, 100 second cooldown

http://swg.allakhazam.com/db/quests.html?swgquest=688

Lair Crystal: 2 Minutes, +5% Critical Chance, +10% Damage output, 5% chance to receive glancing blow, +75 Constitution, +50 Luck. Reuse time is 15 minutes

Wild Force Shard (Offensive Burst): 5 minutes, +120 consitution, +120 precision, +120 Strength, 1 hour reuse timer

Wild Force Shard (Defensive Burst)

Shard of the Serpent: 5 minutes, 50% chance to absorb poison, disease, bleed, and fire damage, 1 hour reuse timer

Sith Holocron: 3 minutes, +150 constitution and +150 stamina, 1 hour reuse timer

Mustafarian Distance Globe: 1 minute, chance to proc additional offensive damage, automatically executes mustafarian heat effect, 30 second reuse timer note: overrides mustafarian heat injector

note: i will edit this later when i have more time. :)
Apathy is Death.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:59 am

oh and definitely get the exotic armor/weapon/clothing powerups!!!! they help ALOT. sell comms to get credits to buy em lol, that's what i did!
Apathy is Death.

Redaxe
Warrant Officer I

Post by Redaxe » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:29 am

hey think you can help me out getting all the musty crystals and stuff, i have the injector on my officer, thats it.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:45 pm

sure i'll see what i can do. you definitely should do the prerequisites for trials of obiwan and acquire the lair crystail, you would 2-shot people so fast with that.
Apathy is Death.

Redaxe
Warrant Officer I

Post by Redaxe » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:47 am

whats the mustafarian distance globe?

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:34 pm

a lame item that is only usefull when u dont hav the injector.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:57 am

yeah it gives off a heat proc, pretty lame as there's no real noticable damage from it.

also know your food and drinks and stack with inspiration.
Apathy is Death.