Chapter 2 (Medic and Entertainer) Going Live Tomorrow

A place for members to discuss anything pertaining to MMORPG development.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Apium
Colonel
Chapter 2 (Medic and Entertainer) Going Live Tomorrow

Post by Apium » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:08 pm

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=620649

Now being able to type less than 3 letters into the bazaar terminal is by far the best part of this update.

Oh and I will be going melee combat medic. I tested it on TC and was able to go toe to toe with the ancient bull rancor with sucky armour, no buffs, and no stated anything.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:31 pm

ooh yeah!!!... with the melee changes i will be kicking more ass.
Currently i can take on a NS elder/ Singing mountain Councilwoman lvl 90 golds ( a jedi pm'ed me today while i was ns hunting...was wondering how a medic could solo pve w/ our low dps/dmg )

I hope i get to see you in pvp apium :)

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:41 pm

Dragonus wrote:ooh yeah!!!... with the melee changes i will be kicking more ass.
Currently i can take on a NS elder/ Singing mountain Councilwoman lvl 90 golds ( a jedi pm'ed me today while i was ns hunting...was wondering how a medic could solo pve w/ our low dps/dmg )

I hate you. Currently I'm a support medic to help out with instances.

Kalice- Master Architect

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:00 pm

Apium wrote:
Dragonus wrote:ooh yeah!!!... with the melee changes i will be kicking more ass.

Hehe. hey at least you have done instances... i have yet to complete one :(. The new changes do bring a problem though. expertise points... currently i have full Medic Spec template (w/out snare) and if i am not mistaken we need to spend 5 points on a buff in Combat Medic to get to the melee line...then 4? or 5? more for the 1st line in melee which is what i want. Flurry doesn't get my attention. So if my math is correct i will be down to 35 points for just medic spec and since all of the healing side/buff line is a necessity we will have around 10 points tops left to spend on the debuff/"damage" side.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:49 pm

Dragonus wrote:
Apium wrote:

Hehe. hey at least you have done instances... i have yet to complete one :(. The new changes do bring a problem though. expertise points... currently i have full Medic Spec template (w/out snare) and if i am not mistaken we need to spend 5 points on a buff in Combat Medic to get to the melee line...then 4? or 5? more for the 1st line in melee which is what i want. Flurry doesn't get my attention. So if my math is correct i will be down to 35 points for just medic spec and since all of the healing side/buff line is a necessity we will have around 10 points tops left to spend on the debuff/"damage" side.

They didn't change the setup of the medic expertise, they just fixed/changed some of the abilities. I was on TC a week ago and I was able to just use my old combat template, except instead of carbines I had melee.

Kalice- Master Architect

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:02 pm

Apium wrote:
Dragonus wrote:
Apium wrote:

They didn't change the setup of the medic expertise, they just fixed/changed some of the abilities. I was on TC a week ago and I was able to just use my old combat template, except instead of carbines I had melee.

Oh yea i know. I was just saying that since i have no points in Combat Medic Side i will have to give up most of my debuffs to spend on the buff/melee line

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:02 pm

Dragonus wrote:
Apium wrote:
Dragonus wrote:
Apium wrote:

Oh yea i know. I was just saying that since i have no points in Combat Medic Side i will have to give up most of my debuffs to spend on the buff/melee line

Strange template, but I guess it works for you.

Kalice- Master Architect

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:40 pm

Hmm, I wonder if Starsider players will get to see the new content this week...nothing like coming home from work to see the server down yet again. At least I have school tomorrow...I can start the patch going before I leave, come back to see all the servers up but 1...yep, you guessed it, Starsider will be still loading hehe.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:37 pm

Mikal wrote:Hmm, I wonder if Starsider players will get to see the new content this week...nothing like coming home from work to see the server down yet again. At least I have school tomorrow...I can start the patch going before I leave, come back to see all the servers up but 1...yep, you guessed it, Starsider will be still loading hehe.

lol good call, currently all servers are down.

Kalice- Master Architect

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:41 pm

and now they are up :)

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:59 pm

Apium wrote:and now they are up :)

Launchpad lies...

and now my fiance wants dinner... son of a... all I want is my SWG fix...
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:41 pm

Kurke Aumea wrote:
Apium wrote:and now they are up :)

Launchpad lies...

and now my fiance wants dinner... son of a... all I want is my SWG fix...

lol :D gf > game

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:45 pm

haha i just saw 3 FOTM medics just get owned by 1 medic who i know has been playing the proff since pre-nge.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:29 pm

Jaysont wrote:haha i just saw 3 FOTM medics just get owned by 1 medic who i know has been playing the proff since pre-nge.

i need to kill some fresh medic meat tomorrow *droool*

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:39 pm

lol what about FOTM traders? There is nothing to stop traders from wtfpwning on the bazaar now that there is no search limit.

Kalice- Master Architect