Dantooine City Cap

For all things pertaining to our capital of Fort Oasis on Tatooine. NOTE: This section is defunct as of 12/15/11

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant
Dantooine City Cap

Post by Kurke Aumea » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:35 pm

Contrary to all calculations that I and several others have performed, Dantooine is currently capped for any cities rank 3 and higher. This is not only a blow to the growth of our city of Nar Shadda, but a slap in the face by SOE. While I realize the planetary caps have always been an issue, I was really hoping to at least reach rank 3. Hopefully, this is only a temporary issue and we can eventually progress to the next city rank which will allow us to place a cloning facility as well as other ameneties.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hope SOE will realize that the current mechanics governing player cities no longer work and that they will fix them. However, I've been saying this for at least four years, so I suppose I'm living a pipe dream.

So, while Nar Shadda has hit a slight road block, we will find a way to continue our growth. As mayor, I vow to continue our expansion and I will do so through any means necessary (within a legal sense of course :wink: )
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

RettVescan
Staff Sergeant

Post by RettVescan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:32 am

Somewhere in the most recent producer's note, Deadmeat stated that player cities will be the focus of an entire chapter at some point this year. I hope they give the ability to add roads to cities.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:15 pm

I've heard that the city cap issue is on the table, but that's all I've heard. Whether or not they raise get rid of the city cap is up for debate. Personally, I'm not sure what to tell the devs in that regard. If they would re-enable all of the checks and balances that made cities work before, then there's no need to fiddle with the city cap. With hosue packing available, all they have to do is turn maintenance back on for houses and the cities could go back to where they were when they were first introduced.

Otherwise, I'm tempted to say the city caps need to either go away or be increased. Or the devs need to do a round of housing cleanup again.

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:00 pm

Kurke will do things "by any legal means necessary". I'll handle the other means if needed :twisted:

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:32 pm

Kurke, I told you about the NS roleplay cities. There are two on dantooine that don't show up on the map, one has a shuttleport and one doesn't (although it is a level 4 city).
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:25 pm

Apium wrote:Kurke, I told you about the NS roleplay cities. There are two on dantooine that don't show up on the map, one has a shuttleport and one doesn't (although it is a level 4 city).

Yes, I know. There are still other rank 3 only cities that either didn't show or I didn't find. Like I said, I could have dealt with not making it to rank 4, it's not making it to rank 3 that has me a bit annoyed.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:00 pm

We'll get the city to grow, no doubt about it. It's just a matter of when. I'll look into it a bit more.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:04 pm

There's definitely a few struggling rank 3 cities floating around that I've discovered lately. All of which I'm sure could be bought, bribed, or stolen from...

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:12 pm

Exactly :D